Customer Success Manager | Scale
Tokyo, Tokyo, JapanCustomer Team
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
We’re looking for a diligent and dedicated customer success manager to care, advocate for and grow important customer relationships at one of Europe’s fastest growing technology companies backed by top investors who helped scale Uber, Twitter, Instagram, and Zendesk. Specifically, we’re looking for someone who can build and deepen our connections with senior stakeholders, conduct technical and commercial conversations with various teams, owns onboarding and drive product adoption within a subset of our customer base. In a nutshell, create loyal fans!
- Build long-term relationships with your book of business, to deeply understand their
ecosystem, strategy and goals
- Position yourself as a strategic partner with your customers through regular exchange
- Enable your new customers to scale quickly by leading a tailored onboarding journey
- Safeguard high customer satisfaction and experience by encouraging spotless product adoption
within the customer organization
- Team up with the account manager, by early identifying growth potential to create a solid
pipeline of up- and cross-sell opportunities
- Proactively and regularly educate your book of business on product usage to ensure
- Be the customers advocate, by involving other DeepL areas, such as support, finance, legal
or backend, on a case-by-case basis
- Quickly gain a strong understanding of DeepL’s products and customer needs in order to
troubleshoot and rapidly resolve various inquiries
- Meet and exceed quarterly activity and retention goals
- Track all customer details including use cases, purchase timeframes, and next steps
- Work closely with DeepL leadership across multiple functions (e.g. product, sales, and
operations) to improve our product and service
- Lead and contribute to shaping our customer success management strategy
What we offer
- Make an impact! We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up. Over the last year we doubled in size with employees located across UK, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, and Japan
- We’ve got your back. We are an experienced, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but the human approach, trust, empathy, and inclusivity are just as important
- Regular innovative team-building events - internationally
- The opportunity to shape a product experience for an unlimited market with a diverse customer base (international customers, from start-ups to large corporations)
- Experience managing client relationships at senior levels
- 1+ years of customer success experience, ideally with the focus on retention
- 2+ years of sales experience, ideally with a focus on renewals and upsell/cross-sell
- Software/SaaS experience is preferred
- Exceptional organisational, presentation, and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to thrive in a start-up environment - you move quickly, think strategically and are
superb at tactical execution
- Fluency in English and Japanese, Korean would be an advantage
- Team player – supportive of colleagues
We are looking forward to your application!