Copywriter (f/m/d) - Amsterdam, London, Cologne or remote
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
We are constantly looking for outstanding employees! Currently we offer remote work in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK and Poland. Whether you would like to work from home in one of these countries or from one of our offices in Cologne or Paderborn: the choice is yours. No matter where you choose to work from, our way of working is designed to make you an essential part of the team.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
We are seeking our second creative, analytical and collaborative Copywriter to join our fast-growing team. You'll use your creativity and stellar writing skills to create compelling copy for a wide range of assets - from blog posts and website content through to ad copy, sales decks, email and more. You'll have the chance to capture our brand voice and explore innovative ideas to build out engaging experiences for our users worldwide.
- Understand DeepL products and be able to write about technology with humanity
- Produce clear and engaging sales and marketing materials for B2C and B2B customers: campaigns, email, website, social media, video scripts, white papers, blog posts, case studies, digital adverts and newsletters based on business and technical specifications
- Draft compelling copy that speaks the way our customers speak, ensuring consistency across tone of voice
- Contribute to content production that drives DeepL’s brand awareness and generates leads
- Proof-read and edit copy, ensuring consistency in grammar, style and tone
- Work with our marketing team to help enrich our content strategy
- Follow content marketing best practices to continuously improve DeepL’s digital experience
- Write landing pages with an eye for continuous optimization and interest in A/B testing to refine key messages to understand what resonates with our target audiences
- Engage daily with the marketing team to ensure content is optimized for performance
What we offer
- A friendly, international, and highly committed team with a lot of trust with efficient decision-making processes
- The opportunity to shape a product experience for on an unlimited market with a diverse customer base (international customers, from start-ups to large corporations)
- Meaningful work: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Regular team events and get togethers
- A comfortable office in Cologne or London (or a suitable equipment for your home office) and a lot of flexibility
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role in tech ideally in a B2B SaaS company, with a portfolio of work
- You have a solid range of writing and creative skills, able to easily adapt your tone, style, and the topics you write about by persona and purpose
- You’re a confident verbal and written communicator, comfortable engaging with internal and external audiences operating at a senior level
- You’re data-driven and understand results guide your future content and strive towards continuous development
- Experience of adhering to specific brand and tone of voice guidelines, with an appreciation of how to adapt your copy based on the different audiences we’re talking to
- You have an eye for a story and the ability to translate complex ideas into simple and engaging messages
- Very comfortable working cross-functionally and cross-culturally, a self-starter, and a quick learner
- Execute the content strategy
- Help improve conversion, engagement, upsell, and retention metrics
- Deliver on healthy/low customer acquisition and engagement cost across all territories
We are looking forward to your application!