Communications Manager | EMEA
London, England, United KingdomPR & Marketing
Our goal is to become the global leader in Language AI and build products that help drive better communication, drive connection, and make real-life impact. To do that, we need talented people, like you, who want to be a part of this exciting journey. If you're ready to work with a dynamic team and build your career in the fast-moving AI space, DeepL is your destination.
What sets us apart
We are committed to innovation and to a nurturing work environment. Founded by developers and researchers, we spend a lot of time actively reviewing the latest trends in generative AI and software engineering. Known for pioneering AI technologies, we dive deep into cutting-edge research to create not only translations, but advanced language solutions. Combining our use of modern technology, comprehensive employee benefits with our open and welcoming work culture is what sets us apart.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, the reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because of the products that have helped countless people worldwide, or maybe it's because of our shared goal of improving communication for individuals and businesses worldwide. What we're certain of is this: being part of DeepL means joining a team committed to innovation and the well-being of its employees.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
The DeepL Communications team is a dynamic, fast-paced, and highly collaborative group. This team has been building strong foundations for media relations and AI thought leadership across the globe. As a Communications Manager you will use your experience and skills to drive our public relations projects in the EMEA region. You will help build and evolve the DeepL brand by boosting awareness for our products and our technology. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including Go-to-Market and Product, as well as other managers and the DeepL leadership team. Your strong network of media relationships will be leveraged to help us further expand our own network of media and stakeholder outreach and in addition, you will bring your deep knowledge of the AI and tech ecosystem. Your expertise in SaaS PR and B2B will transform ideas and strategies into targeted communication campaigns that fully represent the value proposition of our products.
- Drive DeepL’s PR activation in the most important markets of the region. You will shape our communications by transforming global messages into local narratives that resonate with our B2B and B2C audiences in EMEA, as well as with top tier media.
- Expand upon and maintain media and key stakeholder relations. Be our resident expert in all things AI-related in the media landscape
- Build a roadmap for DeepL’s communication in the region, establishing strong narratives that foreground DeepL’s leadership in the AI landscape.
- Manage multiple agencies and lead their efforts to drive regional PR strategy (development and execution).
- Develop strategies and campaigns to publish press releases, bylines, and company announcements, as well as respond to media requests that boost brand awareness and AI thought leadership.
- Identify key conference and speaking opportunities, while managing event calendar and actively accompanying spokespeople to those events.
- Assist the team in tracking success metrics and in budget planning.
- Conduct research and analysis as needed to support marketing and communications efforts.
- At least 8 years of professional experience in communications roles with a strong focus on SaaS PR/Comms and B2B. You have experience working for/with AI/tech companies, and in working with multiple agencies/or within a PR agency itself.
- Experience in managing budgets.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English. C2 level of German or French as additional language is a plus.
- An open mind to shifting projects and tight deadlines.
- Exceptional analytical and organisational skills with proficiency in prioritising, managing expectations, and learning from outcomes.
- A strong work ethic, collaborative mindset, and a practical and proactive attitude.
- A proven track record in the development of integrated communications campaigns and the management of high-profile media relations in SaaS and B2B PR/comms.
- Knowledge on measuring key PR success metrics.
What we offer
- Diverse and internationally distributed team: joining our team means becoming part of a large, global community with people of more than 90 nationalities. We're more than just colleagues; we're a group of professionals with a shared mission to connect diverse cultures. Our global presence is growing–we've doubled in size nearly every year, with our employees based in the UK, Germany, the Netherlands, Poland, the US, and Japan, and we continue to expand our network.
- Open communication, regular feedback: as a language-focused company, we value the importance of clear, honest communication. We value smooth collaboration, direct and actionable feedback, and believe that leading with empathy makes us better together.
- Hybrid work, flexible hours: whether you're near our hub in Tokyo, or prefer the comfort of your own home, you decide where your office is. We offer flexible working hours and trust in your productivity, all in sync with your team's general locations and time zones to foster effective and seamless collaboration. Our aim is to integrate your work with your lifestyle, ensuring a balance that respects both your needs and our operational requirements.
- Regular in-person team events: we bond over vibrant events that are as unique as our team, from local team and business unit gatherings, to new-joiner onboardings, to company-wide events that bring us all together–literally.
- Comprehensive health insurance: your health comes first. With our comprehensive insurance, we'll make sure you're covered from head to toe.
- 20 days of annual leave: we value your peace of mind. With 20 days off (excluding public holidays) and access to mental health resources, we make sure you're as strong mentally as you are professionally.
- Annual learning budget: because we never stop learning, we’ve set up an annual budget for your professional development—pick a learning path that contributes to your career development and we'll back you up.
Please make sure to send your application in English.