Brand and Marketing Designer (f/m/d) - Amsterdam, London, Cologne or remote
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
We are constantly looking for outstanding employees! Currently we offer remote work in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK and Poland. Whether you would like to work from home in one of these countries or from one of our offices in Cologne or Paderborn: the choice is yours. No matter where you choose to work from, our way of working is designed to make you an essential part of the team.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
We are seeking our first creative, analytical, collaborative Brand and Marketing Designer to join our fast-growing team. As Brand and Marketing Designer, you will help define and execute our brand and marketing design strategy and facilitate the visual aspect of our brand to match our values. You will be supporting our product, marketing, and sales teams bringing DeepL's products to hundreds of thousands of customers around the world.
- Brainstorm, create, and transform ideas into visually compelling stories for all types of marketing assets that drive business results including, but not exclusively, our website, presentations, digital ads, landing pages, infographics, social media graphics, sales collateral such as one pager and case studies, event graphics, video, iconography, illustration, and more
- Create sketches, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes to visualize and effectively communicate your ideas
- Research trends & ideas and design assets as needed across all mediums and channels
- Be an ambassador across the org to drive high standards for design and design consistency
- Develop, test and refine creative concepts based on research, insights, and brand
- Help define and develop our brand narrative, style, and positioning by maintaining a consistent brand image and identity across all company materials, on all projects, and design resources
- Passion and ability for branding and visual identity systems — help build and manage a visual identity system that scales across channels, mediums, geographies, and languages to accompany our brand as we expand internationally
Work with partners to implement the system cross-functionally (products, marketing, sales, engineering...)
Collaboration & Asset Management
- Collaborate with the design, marketing, sales, product, customer success, leadership, engineering, etc. teams to develop assets to support external and internal stakeholders
- Keep assets up to date, organized, and easily accessible for others to use on-demand
Leverage data & metrics and A/B testing to make recommendations to improve asset performance in marketing campaigns.
What we offer
- A friendly, international, and highly committed team with a lot of trust with efficient decision-making processes
- The opportunity to shape a product experience for on an unlimited market with a diverse customer base (international customers, from start-ups to large corporations)
- Meaningful work: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Regular team events and get togethers
- A comfortable office in Cologne or London (or a suitable equipment for your home office) and a lot of flexibility
- Strategic thinker and passionate storyteller with a beautiful aesthetic and a mindful, intelligent approach to visual problem-solving
- Experience working in a B2B or Software-as-a-Service environment
- You have profound professional experience as a graphic, visual, brand, or marketing designer
- Experience designing across mediums and in working across functional teams (engineering, product, marketing, customer success, and more)
- Advanced knowledge of the latest design tools including Adobe illustrator/inDesign, knowledge working with Figma is a plus
- Excellent visual, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently without sacrificing quality & a consistently high level of attention to detail
Outcomes of this role
- Help execute on our collateral production strategy
- Help improve conversion, engagement, upsell, and retention metrics
- Help with our brand development across the different geographies
We are looking forward to your application!
Please send us the link to your Portfolio or upload it together with your CV.