Billing & Collections Specialist
RemoteKoln, Nordrhein-Westfalen, GermanyFinance
DeepL, Europe's leading AI company since 2017, is dedicated to breaking down language barriers and bringing cultures closer together. Our expertise in AI and neural networks has enabled us to create cutting-edge communication technologies for businesses, including the acclaimed DeepL Translator which offers 30+ languages, and DeepL Write, our AI writing companion. Our core offering includes a suite of products and tools made for businesses to communicate more effectively, both internally and with their customers around the globe.
Our goal is to become the global leader in Language AI and build products that help drive better communication, drive connection, and make real-life impact. To do that, we need talented people, like you, who want to be a part of this exciting journey. If you're ready to work with a dynamic team and build your career in the fast-moving AI space, DeepL is your destination.
What sets us apart
We are committed to innovation and to a nurturing work environment. Founded by developers and researchers, we spend a lot of time actively reviewing the latest trends in generative AI and software engineering. Known for pioneering AI technologies, we dive deep into cutting-edge research to create not only translations, but advanced language solutions. Combining our use of modern technology, comprehensive employee benefits with our open and welcoming work culture is what sets us apart.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, the reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because of the products that have helped countless people worldwide, or maybe it's because of our shared goal of improving communication for individuals and businesses worldwide. What we're certain of is this: being part of DeepL means joining a team committed to innovation and the well-being of its employees.
- Reconcile daily transactions for customer accounts
- Monitor transactions and user activity to identify and resolve discrepancies directly with customers or our customer support team.
- Perform dunning procedures, both manual and automated, including high touch communication
- Liaise directly with customers at a high level to resolve disputes and ensure timely collections
- Lead the automation of processes for clients requiring different invoice submission criteria and portals.
- Define and implement automations and integrations to facilitate fast and accurate reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly reports and presentations with the team
- Work closely with the Billing, Collections and Fraud Manager, the Payment Specialists team and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Work and support team led activities and other initiatives.
- University or similar degree in a relevant field of expertise.
- At least 3 years of work experience in Billing and Collections or Account Receivable, preferably in SaaS industry with B2B focus.
- Experience in the entire Collection and Dunning cycle.
- Experience in defining and implementing automations and integrations to facilitate reconciliation.
- Experience of dealing directly with customers at a high level to resolve disputes and ensure collection.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Knowledge of legal principles to be able to develop methods to ensure successful recovery, wherever possible is a plus.
- Experience to work in SaaS start-up or larger software company with Enterprise sales between customers and finance team
- Knowledge and experience of SAP Ariba, Coupa, Chargebee, or Workday platforms
- Additional European languages
- Knowledge of translation software and technology industry
What we offer
- Diverse and internationally distributed team: joining our team means becoming part of a large, global community with people of more than 90 nationalities. We're more than just colleagues; we're a group of professionals with a shared mission to connect diverse cultures. Our global presence is growing–we've doubled in size nearly every year, with our employees based in the UK, Germany, the Netherlands, Poland, the US, and Japan, and we continue to expand our network.
- Open communication, regular feedback: as a language-focused company, we value the importance of clear, honest communication. We value smooth collaboration, direct and actionable feedback, and believe that leading with empathy makes us better together.
- Hybrid work, flexible hours: whether you're near our hub in Cologne, or prefer the comfort of your own home, you decide where your office is. We offer flexible working hours and trust in your productivity, all in sync with your team's general locations and time zones to foster effective and seamless collaboration. Our aim is to integrate your work with your lifestyle, ensuring a balance that respects both your needs and our operational requirements.
- Regular in-person team events: we bond over vibrant events that are as unique as our team, from local team and business unit gatherings, to new-joiner onboardings, to company-wide events that bring us all together–literally.
- Comprehensive health insurance: your health comes first. With our comprehensive insurance, we'll make sure you're covered from head to toe.
- 30 days of annual leave: we value your peace of mind. With 30 days off (excluding public holidays) and access to mental health resources, we make sure you're as strong mentally as you are professionally.
- Annual learning budget: because we never stop learning, we’ve set up an annual budget for your professional development—pick a learning path that contributes to your career development and we'll back you up.