Accountant (f/m/d)- UK, GER
RemoteGermany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, KölnBusiness Functions
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
We are always looking for outstanding employees! We currently offer remote work in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK and Poland. Whether you want to work from home in one of these countries or in our office in Cologne: The choice is yours. No matter what you choose, our way of working is designed to make you an integral part of the team.
What will you be doing at DeepL in future?
We are growing very strongly and gaining a large number of customers every day. This is an exciting time!
At the same time, our tasks, expenses and accounts are also growing. And this is where you come in with your expertise: through your experience and motivation, you make your contribution to the expansion and transformation of our accounting. You are part of a growing team and start directly as the first internal accountant for our subsidiaries. You will be supported by our internal group finance team as well as our external local accountants and tax advisors.
- You will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting and preparation of the subsidiaries' monthly reporting packages under IFRS for our subsidiaries (mainly UK)
- Completing recurring VAT returns and annual statutory financial statements, under local GAAP will be one of your tasks
- You will work closely with our external tax and accounting consultants to ensure accurate and timely compliance of our local subsidiaries
- Together with your colleagues, you will be responsible for the IFRS-compliant accounting, valuation and booking of transactions
- The implementation and monitoring of electronic payment transactions will be part of your job
- Working closely with your colleagues in the Group Finance team, you will support the preparation of timely subsidiary financial reports
- You will be responsible for determining accruals and deferrals across all operating subsidiaries
- You are the relevant contact person for all applicable DeepL subsidiary companies for accounting and tax issues
What we offer
- A friendly, international and effective team with a lot of trust and very short decision-making processes
- Flat hierarchies and thus a lot of creative freedom
- Meaningful work: we tear down language barriers around the world and thus bring different cultures closer together
- Regular team events
- Optional Sport Club Membership
- A nice office in Cologne (or comparable equipment for your home office) and a lot of flexibility
- A successfully completed business degree, e.g. in accounting or finance, or comparable commercial training, e.g. ACCA
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the relevant field, working with IFRS and local UK GAAP
- Understanding of NL or Polish local GAAP is a plus
- Relevant experience in various ERP systems is a must
- Solid knowledge of cost centre and cost unit accounting as well as balance sheet and local tax laws
- A quick grasp and a strong analytical understanding of numbers as well as an eye for the "big picture"
- Fluent written and spoken English, other foreign languages are an advantage
We are looking forward to your application!