Account Executive Mid Market | EMEA (French-speaking)
RemoteLondon, England, United KingdomSales
Europe's leading AI company since 2017, is dedicated to breaking down language barriers and bringing cultures closer together. Our expertise in AI and neural networks has enabled us to create cutting-edge communication technologies for businesses, including the acclaimed DeepL Translator which offers 30+ languages, and DeepL Write, our AI writing companion. Our core offering includes a suite of products and tools made for businesses to communicate more effectively, both internally and with their customers around the globe.
Our goal is to become the global leader in Language AI and build products that help drive better communication, drive connection, and make real-life impact. To do that, we need talented people, like you, who want to be a part of this exciting journey. If you're ready to work with a dynamic team and build your career in the fast-moving AI space, DeepL is your next destination.
What sets us apart?
We are committed to innovation and to a nurturing work environment. Founded by developers and researchers, we spend a lot of time actively reviewing the latest trends in generative AI and software engineering. Known for pioneering AI technologies, we dive deep into cutting-edge research to create not only translations, but advanced language solutions. Combining our use of modern technology, comprehensive employee benefits with our open and welcoming work culture is what sets us apart.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, the reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because of the products that have helped countless people worldwide, or maybe it's because of our shared goal of improving communication for individuals and businesses worldwide. What we're certain of is this: being part of DeepL means joining a team committed to innovation and the well-being of its employees.
- You will be at the forefront of DeepL’s rapid growth and present our market-leading translation service to clients in order to eliminate their language barriers within Southern EMEA.
- Become an ambassador for DeepL’s products and an expert on our customers’ needs in order to troubleshoot and rapidly resolve inquiries
- As a trusted partner to potential new business and incoming customers, you will qualify and convert leads and manage the entire sales cycle
- You strive to meet and exceed monthly activity, pipeline, and revenue goals
- Build a pipeline of new business, and pursue upselling and cross-selling opportunities
- Responding to a large volume of inbound prospects and customers, and managing a high volume of opportunities from qualification to close will be a major part of your day
- Forecast and track all opportunity and customer details including use cases, purchase timeframes, and next steps
- You work closely with our diverse, international and welcoming teams from SDR to Marketing
Qualities we look for
- 2+ years of full-cycle experience
- Expertise in software sales - especially SaaS - preferred
- Exceptional organisation, presentation, and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- You feel at home in a fast-paced start-up environment: you're able to shift priorities and adapt to dynamic situations
- You enjoy being part of a team and thrive by supporting your colleagues and collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Fluent English and French (C1/C2) in your everyday work is no challenge for you
What we offer
- Diverse and internationally distributed team: joining our team means becoming part of a large, global community with people of more than 90 nationalities. We're more than just colleagues; we're a group of professionals with a shared mission to connect diverse cultures. Our global presence is growing–we've doubled in size nearly every year, with our employees based in the UK, Germany, the Netherlands, Poland, the US, and Japan, and we continue to expand our network.
- Open communication, regular feedback: as a language-focused company, we value the importance of clear, honest communication. We value smooth collaboration, direct and actionable feedback, and believe that leading with empathy makes us better together.
- Remote work, flexible hours: whether you're near or in our hub in London, or prefer the comfort of your own home, you decide where your office is. We offer remote opportunities, flexible working hours and trust in your productivity, all in sync with your team's general locations and time zones to foster effective and seamless collaboration. Our aim is to integrate your work with your lifestyle, ensuring a balance that respects both your needs and our operational requirements.
- Regular in-person team events: we bond over vibrant events that are as unique as our team, from local team and business unit gatherings, to new-joiner onboardings, to company-wide events that bring us all together–literally.
- Monthly full-day hacking sessions: every month, we have Hack Fridays, where you can spend your time diving into a project you're passionate about and get the opportunity to work with other teams–we value your initiatives, impact, and creativity.
- Comprehensive health insurance: your health comes first. With our comprehensive insurance, we'll make sure you're covered from head to toe.
- 30 days of annual leave: we value your peace of mind. With 30 days off (excluding public holidays) and access to mental health resources, we make sure you're as strong mentally as you are professionally.
- Annual learning budget: because we never stop learning, we’ve set up an annual budget for your professional development—pick a learning path which contributes to your career development and we'll back you up.
If this role and our mission resonate with you, but you're hesitant because you don't check all the boxes, don't let that hold you back. At DeepL, it's all about the value you bring and the growth we can foster together. Go ahead, apply—let's discover your potential together. We can't wait to meet you!