1st Level Support Engineer - (f/m/d)
RemoteGermany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, KölnEngineering
...is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures together.
What distinguishes us from other companies
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
We are constantly looking for outstanding employees! Currently, we offer remote work in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK, and Poland. Whether you would like to work from home in one of these countries or from one of our offices in Amsterdam, London, Cologne, or Paderborn: the choice is yours. No matter where you choose to work from, our way of working is designed to make you an essential part of the team.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
As a 1st Level IT Support Engineer, you bridge the gap between IT Support and DevOps. Technical challenges, major changes and related projects will be part of your daily business. You will be a technical operator with a focus on our employees and their IT service needs.
- You will help to find and resolve any technical issues arising within the company.
- You will help to administer and maintain various software tools
- You will take care of the hardware
- You will take care of the IT in our offices
- You will help new employees with their technical onboarding
What we offer
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our employees to work from the comfort of your home office in Germany, Poland, Netherlands, or the UK or in one of our comfortable offices
- Plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and grow professionally, while working closely with members of the DevOps team
- State-of-the-art equipment for your workplace
- Almost completely open-source technology on the inside - if we run it, we can fix it ourselves
- Operation at scale for products used by more than 100 million people worldwide
- A friendly, international, and highly committed team with a lot of trust, and a concise decision-making processes
- Meaningful work: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Familiarity with macOS, iOS and Windows operating systems. Linux knowledge is a plus.
- Advanced technical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Solid understanding of computer software and hardware
- Strong interest and willingness to learn new skills, such as new programming languages and technologies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, particularly in English. Any knowledge of German would be an advantage.
- Initial experience with various IT support software tools (e.g. MDMs, ticketing systems, active directories, email services, etc.)
If you don't tick all of the boxes above but feel like you're the right person: Don't worry, give it a shot!