UX Copywriter (f/m/d)
RemoteGermany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, KölnProduct Development
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
We are constantly looking for outstanding employees! Currently we offer remote work in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK and Poland. Whether you would like to work from home in one of these countries or from one of our offices in Cologne, Amsterdam or London: the choice is yours. No matter where you choose to work from, our way of working is designed to make you an essential part of the team.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
You'll create content across the customer journey on a product with more than 100 million users, on multiple platforms. This will often involve communicating complex product features and benefits in ways that speak to our users and help them understand and use our products. You'll also have the chance to capture our brand voice and explore innovative ideas to build out engaging product experiences for our users worldwide.
- Own the content creation process (including designing, writing, editing, testing, and improving content) and ensure our content meets the needs of our customers
- Write clear and consistent user-interface content
- Share and receive feedback within the product design team to find the best solutions for our products
- Identify problems, explore content-related ways to solve them, and deliver solutions
- Use Figma to create and edit content within designs
- Contribute to and implement a content style guide
- Collaborate daily across teams, including engineering, product, design, research, marketing, and support
- Work with our localization team to ensure the best product experience for every language
What we offer
- Interesting challenges: design, programming and research at the highest level
- A friendly, international, and highly committed team with a lot of trust and very short decision-making processes
- Work on a product that more than 100 million people already use
- Meaningful work: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- A comfortable office in Cologne, Amsterdam or London (or suitable equipment for your home office) and a lot of flexibility
- 3+ years of experience writing and designing content for web or mobile
- Strong editing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to make complex products sound simple
- Experience using data to guide your content design process
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with a variety of people and roles
- Can embrace a fast-paced, iterative work environment
- Fluent in English, other languages (e.g., German) are an advantage
- Good to have: experience working with multilingual interfaces
- Please include a link to samples of your work that show an experience across different content types.
We are looking forward to your application!