Software Developer - Accounting Systems C# (f/m/d) | UK, NL, GER or PL
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks that help people to use language. With DeepL Translator, we launched the world's best computer translation and have made it available to everyone on the Internet free of charge. In the next few years, we would like to develop DeepL into the leading company for language technology.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
Work wherever you like
You can decide whether you want to work at home or in the office. Our way of working is designed to make you an integral part of the team, no matter where you work. Therefore, we are looking for outstanding employees all over Germany, the Netherlands and Poland.
What else distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We use the latest techniques in machine learning, neural networks, and natural language processing (NLP) not only to translate texts, but also to create the world’s best dictionaries and solve other language problems. We are still planning a lot of exciting features for our services, so we are looking for exceptional developers who want to learn a lot and enjoy teaching the computer unique things. When we talk about DeepL or Linguee as an employer, a lot of people react very positively. This is because they are often pleased with the free, open service.
- You design and implement reliable, scalable and efficient C# backend services as part of DeepL's payment system
- You contribute to monitoring and debugging the services in production, e.g. by defining expressive metrics and ensuring informative logs
- You collaborate across teams to define shared interfaces and to ensure smooth operation in production
What we offer
- Interesting problems and programming at the highest level
- A small, effective, and extremely good team. In our company, the decision makers are developers themselves
- Working on products that are already used by more than 100 million people
- A meaningful job: We break down language barriers worldwide and thus bring different cultures closer together
- A very comfortable office in Cologne or Paderborn (or comparable equipment for your home office) and a lot of flexibility
- Very good knowledge in C# and several years of programming experience in backend development
- Good SQL and database knowledge (preferably PostgreSQL)
- Experience in the integration and provision of web-based APIs such as gRPC and JSON-RPC
- Knowledge in Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka or Python is an advantage
- Experience in web technologies like React is an additional advantage
- It is advantageous if you have experience in the programming of billing systems and the integration of external payment service providers
- Enjoyment of solving even difficult problems
- A strong interest in learning new things, for example new programming languages, new APIs, new technologies...
- Good knowledge of English, knowledge of other languages, especially German, is advantageous
We are looking forward to your application!