Project Manager (f/m/d) - Language Data - Cologne
Germany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, KölnEditorial
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
Thanks to our unique AI language technology, DeepL is able to provide the world’s best translation quality. To keep it that way, we need your linguistic know-how, excellent organizational skills, and talent for interpersonal communication.
This role offers you the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with highly motivated teams of researchers, developers and language experts. You will be helping us with a wide array of tasks including communication with offsite language experts, managing linguistic projects from initiation to delivery, providing quality assurance checks, and much more.
We can’t wait to meet you!
- Manage or assist in multiple language projects from initiation to delivery
- Help compile and manage our team of offsite language experts, monitoring project progress while ensuring quality standards and deadlines
- Organize feedback to offsite language experts for projects involving a multitude of language combinations
- Run post-project quality assurance checks
- Assist in communication with all offsite language experts, replying to enquiries and maintaining accurate and up-to-date records
- Communicate ideas and suggestions to other team members
What we offer
- Meaningful work: Our goal is to break down all language barriers and bring different cultures closer together
- A friendly, international, and highly committed team
- The chance to work on a product that is already used by over 100 million people
- Regular team events
- Lots of flexibility and an extremely comfortable office in Cologne
- 2+ years of project management experience in a field related to linguistics
- Fluent English, plus a minimum of 1 other language
- Degree in linguistics, or a similar field
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and adhere to predefined schedules/deadlines
- Excellent planning, problem solving and organizational skills
We are looking forward to your application!