Product Manager | Data Science (f/m/d) - Amsterdam, London, Cologne or remote
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
We are constantly looking for outstanding employees! Currently we offer remote work in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK and Poland. Whether you would like to work from home in one of these countries or from one of our offices in Cologne or Paderborn: the choice is yours. No matter where you choose to work from, our way of working is designed to make you an essential part of the team.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
Own a key part of our Data Analytics Platform, on a product with more than 100 million users. You will be responsible for the models that fuel our recommendation engine and user profiling. You are very analytical, customer focused, experienced with machine learning, and love working with highly technical teams on complex problems. You will be responsible for the whole product lifecycle to deliver impact at scale with a cross-functional team.
- Define the vision, mission, strategy, and roadmap for the models behind our recommendation engine and user profiling
- Be a sparring partner for the data scientists to discuss ideas and results
- Interpret results from our experimentation platform with the data scientists
- Collaborate with other teams (like frontend and backend) to build great new features and models
- Own the product lifecycle from discovery to launch and driving measurable business impact
- Define metrics and KPIs to measure and report progress
- Communicate strategy, ideas and concepts clearly, aimed at the right audience, with the help of insight and data
- Identify opportunities for new features and products that leverage the global scale of our user base and data
What we offer
- Interesting challenges: design, programming and research at the highest level
- Modern ML infrastructure, more data than you can use, and an engineering team backing you up for technical tasks
- A friendly, international, and highly committed team with a lot of trust and very short decision making processes
- Work on a product that more than 100 million people already use
- Meaningful work: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Regular team events
- A comfortable office in Cologne or Paderborn (or a suitable equipment for your home office) and a lot of flexibility
- 1+ years of experience as a Product Manager working with Engineers and Data Scientists in an agile environment for web, mobile or desktop applications
- 1+ years of experience in machine learning projects. Hands-ons experience is a plus
- Strong understanding of how to get the most out of an impactful product team – analysis, hypothesis formation, ideation, prioritisation and execution
- Experienced in driving the whole product lifecycle – research, prototyping, iterative development and testing, launch, and continuous improvement
- Analytical and focused on solving problems elegantly but simply. You are able to analyze and break down large problems to a structured approach, with small measurable steps to achieve your goals
- Data driven. You base your decisions on facts, not opinion, and always seek to validate any hypothesis both before and after implementation
- Experienced working on a product at scale, with an international footprint is an advantage
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the help of insight and data
- Resilient and able to deal with uncertainty and constant change
- Fluent in English
We are looking forward to your application!