Performance Marketing Manager (f/m/d)
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
We are constantly looking for outstanding employees! Currently, we offer remote work in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK and Poland. Whether you would like to work from home in one of these countries or from one of our offices in Cologne or Paderborn: the choice is yours. No matter where you choose to work from, our way of working is designed to make you an essential part of the team.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
DeepL is seeking a data-driven, results-oriented B2B performance marketer who will own our paid advertising channel strategy and execution. As a Performance Marketing Manager, you’ll help attract, convert and retain DeepL customers. The ideal candidate will have deep channel expertise, enjoy diving into data to analyze performance and gather insights, and work cross-functionally to drive customer acquisition and ROI to meet our business goals.
- Own the strategy, execution, and tracking of paid channels (e.g., SEM, social, remarketing, display, affiliates)to drive marketing performance in line with budget
- Manage vendors/agencies to launch and optimize campaigns, allocate resources based on performance, and achieve goals and ROI targets
- Monitor and analyze channel performance and maintain reporting on campaign performance, ROI, LTV, and other channel metrics
- Collaborate with the internal marketing team to ensure brand-aligned messaging, improve lead quality, and drive customer acquisition, conversion, and awareness
- Support channel forecasting and budgeting to meet growth and ROI targets
What we offer
- Work on the scale. Opportunity to grow the state-of-art technology with a strong product x market fit. Over half of a billion people used DeepL up to this date;
- Experience the hyper-growth. Over the past two years, we grew our team from 20 to 250 employees distributed across UK, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, and Japan;
- Shape a newly-established Product Marketing squad. Work alongside other PMMs to scale our product advocacy;
- We got your back. We have an experienced, highly committed team with trust and transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but the human approach, empathy, and inclusivity are similarly important;
- Flexible Work Arrangements. With office hubs in Cologne, Berlin, London, and Amsterdam, you choose where and how you work. We've also designed an efficient and inclusive remote-first organization during the pandemic. Remote work is not part of the benefits; it's part of our culture;
- Meaningful work. We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together;
- Regular team events – internationally. You are going to love it!
- 4+ years of experience in marketing, with 2+ years in performance/digital marketing roles in B2Borganizations
- Experience with managing SEM/PPC and Facebook ad campaigns
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of performance marketing strategies, tactics, and tools
- Proven ability to consolidate and analyze data from multiple sources (e.g., website, social media, SEM)
- Ability to deliver transparent, concise, and reliable reporting on all activities to key stakeholders
- Track record of consistently delivering excellent results in a fast-paced environment
- Growth mindset with a results-driven approach to work (testing, measuring, iterating)
We are looking forward to your application!