Vendor Manager (f/m/d)
Standort flexibelKöln, Nordrhein-Westfalen, DeutschlandEditorial
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
We are constantly looking for outstanding employees! Currently, we offer remote work in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK and Poland. Whether you would like to work from home in one of these countries or from one of our offices in Cologne or Paderborn: the choice is yours. No matter where you choose to work from, our way of working is designed to make you an essential part of the team.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
Thanks to our unique AI language technology, DeepL is able to provide the world's best translation quality. To keep it that way, we need your talent for interpersonal communication at an international level, knowledge of language industry standards and excellent organisational skills.
This role offers you the opportunity to work in a unique environment with highly motivated teams of researchers and developers and language experts. You will be helping us with a wide array of tasks including communication with offsite language experts, managing and maintaining our database of highly skilled freelance linguists and much more.
We can't wait to meet you!
- Proactively recruit new resources to expand our database of external linguists
- Manage inbound freelancer applications
- Onboard new external linguists
- Provide a team of project managers with suitable resources for DeepL projects involving both common and rare language combinations
- Be knowledgeable in and maintain up-to-date knowledge of the translation/language industry, including leaders, rates, strategies, etc.
- Identify and keep updated records of external linguists' specialised skill sets for various language combinations
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records as well as assisting with administration tasks, involving e.g., registration, invoicing, personal data, performance, etc.
- Assist in basic project management tasks
- Assist in communication with all offsite language experts
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records (personal data, invoicing requirements, performance, etc.)
What we offer
- A friendly, international, and highly committed team with much trust with efficient decision-making processes
- A chance to work at scale – market state-of-art technology with a solid product-market fit, and over half of a billion people used DeepL up to this date
- Experience a fast-growth environment - over the past two years; we grew our team from 20 to 250 employees distributed across the UK, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, and Japan
- We got your back - we have an experienced and highly committed team that thrives on transparent decision-making processes
- We cherish collaboration and efficiency but are human in our approach - empathy and inclusivity are critical
- Flexible work arrangements. With office hubs in Cologne, Berlin, London, and Amsterdam, you choose where and how you work. We've also designed an efficient and inclusive remote-first organisation during the pandemic. Remote work is not part of the benefits; it's part of our culture
- Ownership matters on all levels. We offer a virtual share program for all employees
- Meaningful work. We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Regular team events
- 2+ years of vendor management experience or project management with vendor management experience in a field related to linguistics
- Written and spoken English at a professional level, plus a minimum of 1 other language
- Degree in linguistics or a similar field
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to forge lasting connections with people from various cultural backgrounds all over the world
- Ability to effectively prioritise tasks
- Excellent planning, problem-solving and organisational skills
- Experience with and knowledge of language industry standards
We are looking forward to your application!