Technical Support Engineer (f/m/d) - GER, NL, UK or PL
Standort flexibelDeutschland, Berlin, BerlinSupport
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
DeepL is tech for good, dismantling language barriers around the world and constantly expanding to new markets. Be part of our growth right at the centre of the DeepL customer experience by joining as a technical support professional who thrives on providing support through various channels of communication including email, help centre articles and social media such as Twitter. You’re a great match if you possess fantastic trouble-shooting skills, are driven to help customers and have the ability to dive deep into a new product to learn it inside and out. Join a diverse, friendly and enthusiastic team that hails from all corners of the globe and all walks of life - we are looking forward to becoming even more effective together with you!
- Become an ambassador for DeepL’s products and an expert on our customers’ needs in order to troubleshoot and rapidly resolve inquiries
- Provide empathetic, accurate, responsive, resourceful and conscientious technical support
- Evaluate, troubleshoot, and follow-up on customer issues as well as replicate and document for further escalation
- Understand technical jargon and communicate clearly with beginner level users to developers
- Empower end-users to support themselves using our help center
- Partner with our Support, Sales and Engineering teams to resolve customer issues efficiently
- Through root cause analysis, understand our customer requests and work with Support, Product, Sales and Engineering Teams to prioritize fixes in order to prevent future occurrences of these ticket types
What we offer
- Make an impact! We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up. Over the last year we doubled in size with employees located across UK, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, and Japan
- The opportunity to shape a product experience for an unlimited market with a diverse customer base (international customers, from start-ups to large corporations)
- We’ve got your back. We are an experienced, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but the human approach, trust, empathy, and inclusivity are just as important
- Flexible work arrangements: with office hubs in Cologne, Berlin, London, and Amsterdam, you choose where and how you work. We offer fully remote work from UK/DE/NL/PL/JP, no strings attached, no 'to be reviewed'- DeepL is a remote-positive company now and forever
- Regular innovative team-building events – internationally!
- Solid experience with customer subscription systems as well as REST APIs
- You bring a basic understanding of how SaaS integrations work
- Experience troubleshooting in a SaaS environment
- A desire to learn, master and teach
- You are proficient in SQL
- A good understanding of business processes and subscription systems is a plus
- Ideally, you have a Computer science degree
- 2+ year technical customer support experience preferred
- Fluent English in your everyday work is no challenge for you. German and additional languages are advantageous
Please make sure to send your application in English.
We are looking forward to your application!