Technical Product Manager Data Platform (f/m/d) - Amsterdam, London, Cologne or remote
Standort flexibelDeutschland, Nordrhein-Westfalen, CologneProduct Development
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
We are constantly looking for outstanding employees! Currently we offer remote work in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK and Poland. Whether you would like to work from home in one of these countries or from one of our offices in Cologne or Paderborn: the choice is yours. No matter where you choose to work from, our way of working is designed to make you an essential part of the team.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
Own the definition and delivery of a technical roadmap of our Data Platform and corresponding ML Infrastructure. You are analytical, customer focused, dive into the detail and love working with highly technical teams on complex problems. You will lead a cross functional team through the whole product lifecycle to deliver impact at scale.
- Define the mission, strategy and roadmap for our Data Platform and technical recommender infrastructure
- Lead a collaborative team process to translate user and business needs into development requirements that drive impact
- Own the product lifecycle from discovery to launch and driving measurable business impact
- Ensure the maximum return on Investment for all of your team’s efforts
- Communicate strategy, ideas and concepts clearly, aimed at the right audience, with the help of insight and data
What we offer
- Interesting challenges: work on a data and analytics platform that only very few companies have world-wide
- Data at scale: Work on a product that more than 100 million people already use
- A friendly, international, and highly committed team with a lot of trust and very short decision making processes
- Meaningful work: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Regular team events
- A comfortable office in Cologne or London (or a suitable equipment for your home office) and a lot of flexibility
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Manager working on data infrastructure, data warehousing, ML pipelines or similar
- Strong understanding of backend architecture, APIs, databases, and data pipelines. Previous experience as a developer or similar technical role is an advantage
- Experienced in driving the whole product lifecycle – research, prototyping, iterative development and testing, launch, and continuous improvement
- Consistent in using qualitative and quantitative insights to define strategy, goals and roadmap
- Analytical and focused on solving problems elegantly but simply. You are able to analyze and break down large problems to a structured approach, with small measurable steps to achieve your goals
- Experienced working on a product at scale, with an international footprint
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the help of insight and data
- Resilient and able to deal with uncertainty and constant change
- Fluent in English.
We are looking forward to your application!