Team Lead HR Operations (f/m/d)
Standort flexibelPolen, Masowien, warsawPeople and Culture
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
As the Team Lead HR Operations, you will play a key role in building structure and facilitating organization during the hyper-growth phase of DeepL. You will step in as leader of our close-knit, warm and friendly People Operations team, who are responsible for creating the best possible employee experience for our DeeopLe. You will support your team to reach their maximum potential and ensure that they deliver top results in managing the full employee life-cycle, including onboarding, internal operations and employee experience.
- In this role you will be responsible for roadmapping People Operations initiatives, building & fine-tuning our employee processes, in collaboration with a diverse range of stakeholders within the business
- Have a firm understanding of the challenges your team faces. Build a trustful relationship with your team members, and provide them with a lot of support and mentorship to help drive their success as well as individual career development
- Support & direct your team according to evolving team & business needs, as both a role model and an expert in employee operations
- Act as a point of escalation for more complex employee questions, concerns, or complaints quickly, amicably, and with empathy by applying advanced knowledge of Workforce/Labor law across locations and HR processes
- Lead the development of new processes to keep the People Operations Team scaling smoothly with DeepL's growth on a regional and global level
- You keep your finger on the pulse of evolving trends within the HR landscape, identifying problems and opportunities ahead of time and making data-driven decisions
- Represent DeepL at internal and external audits and prepare reporting on key employee metrics
- Last but not least: work strategically with other teams within People & Culture and ensure a strong collaboration in cross-functional projects
What we offer
- A friendly, international and very committed People team with a lot of trust and very short decision-making processes
- Flat hierarchies and a lot freedom to drive projects in a creative way
- Meaningful work: We break down language barriers worldwide and thus bring different cultures closer together
- Regular team events
- Benefits such as JobRad, fitness club membership, Lunchit (daily lunch allowance), travel health insurance for private and professional trips abroad
- A nice office with fresh fruits, snacks, drinks and good humor
- You feel at home in a fast-paced tech startup environment with rapid change and evolution
- 5+ years of experience working in roles focused on People Operations Management (HR Administration); and min. of 1 year of experience with leading or coordinating an Operations Team
- You have a clear understanding of HR Operations practices and legal requirements from which you draw confidence and enthusiasm in running and initiating HR projects
- Familiarity with the critical components of a successful People Operations department including employment law, employee experience, implementing HR systems, managing operational budgets, etc.
- Total fluency in English, German and German labor law
- Clear, strong verbal communication and consulting skills and the ability to build strong relationships with your team and with stakeholders across the organization
- We can expect to see you regularly (at least monthly) at our Cologne HQ for planning and mentoring over coffee, ice cream and more!
We are looking forward to your application!