Strategic Sales Development Representative (f/m/d) - Japan
Standort flexibelTokyo, Tokyo, JapanSales
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
We’re looking for an energetic, motivated, and articulate team player to join the growing DeepL Sales team as our first Strategic Sales Development Representative in Japan. The ideal candidate will be responsible for following up, calling, prospecting, and qualifying leads. Qualified candidates should be self-starters with proven track records of success in their professional and personal or extracurricular lives. They should be excited about SaaS, translation, and an interest in joining a fast-paced tech scale-up.
- Create a fantastic first impression to prospects and customers while building a pipeline for DeepL Account Executives
- Use a multi-channel approach to connect with leads and contacts from accounts.
- Create curiosity and excitement on the prospects’ side to evaluate DeepL’s B2B offerings
- Organize and categorize sales lead information in Salesforce
- Focus on building a great team environment for a fun and energetic atmosphere
- Achieve or exceed monthly quotas of activities and qualified opportunities
What we offer
- Make an impact! We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up. Over the last year we doubled in size with employees located across UK, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, and Japan
- We’ve got your back. We are an experienced, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but the human approach, trust, empathy, and inclusivity are just as important
- Regular innovative team-building events – internationally and in Japan
- The opportunity to shape a product experience for an unlimited market with a diverse customer base (international customers, from start-ups to large corporations)
- Take part in our regular Sales QBRs on one of our office sites
- Active listener with the ability to gather customer requirements and connect them to the DeepL solution
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Passion for developing a career in technology sales
- Minimum 6 month of successful SaaS Sales experience (Inside Sales, SDR, BDR,etc.)
- Goal-oriented team player
- Japanese on native level and Fluency in English
Please make sure to send your CV and cover letter in English.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!