Solutions Engineer | EMEA
RemoteLondon, England, United KingdomSales
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
- Serve as a dedicated technical resource and advocate for our key API customers.
- Be the trusted advisor to prospects and clients, consulting with them on their strategic vision with the DeepL solution
- Identify our customers’ main requirements regarding the development, deployment, and operation of the DeepL API
- Help Sales close deals by bringing the technical bridge between our Sales team and their prospects
- Experiment and prototype solutions to use as demo showcases to present recommendations on how prospects and customers can overcome their language barriers
- Create new and extend the usage of our internal dashboards and analytics tools
- Provide technical product feedback and contribute code which could go into our customer-facing client libraries
- Partner with Marketing and contribute to our open-source developer resources
- Develop, manage and deliver tools, collateral and an engagement approach to ensure that the Sales and Customer teams build up necessary technical knowledge
- Good understanding of what functionalities and capabilities customers will need in the future, and bring this feedback back to the product teams for evaluation
- Identify, recommend or develop internal process and content improvements
- Make an impact! We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up. Over the last year we doubled in size with employees located across UK, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, and Japan
- We’ve got your back. We are an experienced, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but the human approach, trust, empathy, and inclusivity are just as important
- Flexible work arrangements: with office hubs in Cologne, Berlin, London, and Amsterdam, you choose where and how you work. We offer fully remote work from UK/DE/NL/PL, no strings attached, no 'to be reviewed'- DeepL is a remote-positive company now and forever
- Regular innovative team-building events – internationally, as well as whole company events
- The opportunity to shape a product experience for an unlimited market with a diverse customer base (international customers, from start-ups to large corporations)
- Hack-Fridays – Every month we have a dedicated, interruption-free day on a company-wide scale to work on a project of your choice. Whatever it might be, if it means something to you, this is your day to do it
- Stay healthy – We offer a private health and travel insurance that comes with a bonus you can spend on vision, dental or any other needs
- With our people-centric approach, we value Life-Domain Balance and mental well-being! Therefore, we offer 30 days of holiday and provide a mental well-being app with access to psychologists, group sessions, and self-guided learning tools
- Annual education budget to advance your skills with courses & qualifications of your choice
- Have significant experience in technical consulting or solutions consulting for a developer product (or equivalent)
- Are proficient at least one of the programming languages supported by DeepL’s official client libraries
- You have built and/or delivered prototypes on top of the DeepL API, or a similar product
- You enjoy leading complex technical projects and programs with many stakeholders.
- Ability to rapidly learn, understand, and work with emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions
- Building strong working relationships is second nature to you, and your exceptional interpersonal skills enable you to engage and build relationships with high profile startups and businesses in the most senior ranks
- You can synthesise and craft positioning/key messages that connect with different audiences
- Problem-solving skills, including the ability to meet a business requirement with a technical solution
- You have a base of knowledge of IT questionnaires, security and compliance questionnaires, and are comfortable working on RFIs/RFPs
- Willing to work in a fast-paced environment and have a can-do and proactive attitude
- Excited about joining a scale-up where not everything is figured out, we move fast and are actively building the playbook, and we must shift priorities and adapt to dynamic situations
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience working at a SaaS start-up or at a professional services company and bridging enterprise feature requests between customers and the product team
- A base of knowledge with security certifications such as ISO 27001, SOC 2, and ISMAP
- Proficiency in additional European languages
- Knowledge of AI translation software and technology or other AI language tools