Solutions Consultant (f/m/d) | Japan
Standort flexibelJapan, Tokyo, TokyoSales
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
As our first Solutions Consultant in Japan, you’ll support our Sales team by providing technical and functional support on their key opportunities, as well as ensuring they have access to the tools and techniques necessary to be self-sufficient in smaller deals.
- Partner with Account Executives and Account Managers to plan and execute on strategic deals in complex sales cycles
- Help Sales close deals by bring the technical bridge between our Sales team and their prospects.
- Translating business requirements into technical solutions, and translating complex technical concepts into simple language.
- Support the technical relationship with our prospects to drive customer satisfaction by managing and delivering technical information, primarily via remote calls and video conferences.
- Develop, manage and deliver tools, collateral and an engagement approach to ensure that the Sales team maintain their technical knowledge, allowing us to provide an effective and scalable support model to the Sales organization.
- Show our values with Account Executives and Account Managers through customized demonstrations integrating with a variety of SaaS and iPaaS products, depending on our customer environments.
What we offer
- A friendly, international, and highly committed team with a lot of trust with efficient decision-making processes
- The opportunity to sell a product on an unlimited market with a diverse customer base (international customers, from start-ups to large corporations, diverse industries)
- The possibility to build and shape our sales processes and knowledge management.
- Meaningful work: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Regular team events to align one clear direction with our entire sales team
- Experience working with customers in a technical pre-sales or sales engineering role
- Previous hands-on experience with customer evaluations and deployments
- You are a strategic thinker who is able to find creative solutions to our prospects’ complex use cases and are able to present appropriate solutions in a consultative style that informs our customers and helps close deals.
- Building strong working relationships is second nature to you, and your exceptional interpersonal skills enable you to engage and build relationships with high profile startups and businesses in the most senior ranks.
- You can synthesize and craft positioning/key messages that connect with different audiences.
- Problem-solving skills, including the ability to meet a business requirement with a technical solution.
- Willing to work in a fast-paced environment and have a can-do and proactive attitude
- You have a base of knowledge of IT questionnaires, security and compliance questionnaires, SSO frameworks, SaaS technology and are comfortable working with REST APIs
- Fluency in Japanese and English mandatory.
Even better if you also have...
- Experience to work in SaaS start-up and bridge enterprise feature requests between customers and product team.
- You have a base of knowledge with security certifications such as ISO 27001, SOC 2, and ISMAP.
- A European language (especially German or French).
- Knowledge of translation software and technology.
We are looking forward to your application!