Solutions Consultant | Japanese speaking
Tokyo, Tokyo, JapanSales
DeepL, Europe's leading AI company since 2017, is dedicated to breaking down language barriers and bringing cultures closer together. Our expertise in AI and neural networks has enabled us to create cutting-edge communication technologies for businesses, including the acclaimed DeepL Translator which offers 30+ languages, and DeepL Write, our AI writing companion. Our core offering includes a suite of products and tools made for businesses to communicate more effectively, both internally and with their customers around the globe.
Our goal is to become the global leader in Language AI and build products that help drive better communication, drive connection, and make real-life impact. To do that, we need talented people, like you, who want to be a part of this exciting journey. If you're ready to work with a dynamic team and build your career in the fast-moving AI space, DeepL is your destination.
What sets us apart
We are committed to innovation and to a nurturing work environment. Founded by developers and researchers, we spend a lot of time actively reviewing the latest trends in generative AI and software engineering. Known for pioneering AI technologies, we dive deep into cutting-edge research to create not only translations, but advanced language solutions. Combining our use of modern technology, comprehensive employee benefits with our open and welcoming work culture is what sets us apart.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, the reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because of the products that have helped countless people worldwide, or maybe it's because of our shared goal of improving communication for individuals and businesses worldwide. What we're certain of is this: being part of DeepL means joining a team committed to innovation and the well-being of its employees.
What you will be doing?
As our 2nd Solutions Consultant focusing on Japan, Korea and APAC region, you’ll work with key strategic, high-growth customers and support our Sales team on their key opportunities to maximize expansion by providing technical product guidance throughout the entire sales cycle. You are responsible to perform detailed discovery, facilitate demos and for driving and managing the technical evaluation and validation stages of the sales process. By becoming a product expert, you’ll also ensure that the Sales teams have access to the tools and techniques necessary to be self-sufficient in smaller deals. Internally, you will collaborate closely with different departments such as Product Management, Engineering, Support, Marketing and Knowledge Management.
- Partner with Account Executives to plan and execute on strategic deals in complex sales cycles
- Help Sales close deals by bringing the technical bridge between our Sales team and their prospects
- Translating business requirements into technical solutions, and translating complex technical concepts into simple language
- Be the trusted advisor to prospects and clients, consulting with them on their strategic vision with the DeepL solution
- Present recommendations on how prospects and customers can overcome their language barriers
- Support the technical relationship with our prospects to drive customer satisfaction by managing and delivering technical information, primarily via remote calls and video conferences
- Guide technical evaluations via POC ownership, RFP/questionnaire support, and workshop design
- Develop, manage and deliver tools, collateral and an engagement approach to ensure that the Sales team maintain their technical knowledge, allowing us to provide an effective and scalable support model to the Sales organisation
- Good understanding of what functionalities and capabilities customers will need in the future, and bring this feedback back to the product teams for evaluation
- Identify, recommend or develop internal process and content improvements
- Show our values with Account Executives through customised demonstrations integrating with a variety of SaaS and iPaaS products, depending on our customer environments
- Significant sales, pre-sales or customer support experience in a fast-paced SaaS product organisation
- Previous hands-on experience with customer evaluations and deployments
- Technical knowledge covering REST APIs and SSO frameworks
- Ability to rapidly learn, understand, and work with emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions
- Building strong working relationships is second nature to you, and your exceptional interpersonal skills enable you to engage and build relationships with high profile startups and businesses in the most senior ranks
- You can synthesise and craft positioning/key messages that connect with different audiences
- You enjoy leading technical projects and programs with many stakeholders
- Problem-solving skills, including the ability to meet a business requirement with a technical solution
- You have a base of knowledge of IT questionnaires, security and compliance questionnaires, and are comfortable working on RFIs/RFPs
- Willing to work in a fast-paced environment and have a can-do and proactive attitude
- Excited about joining a scale-up where not everything is figured out, we move fast and are actively building the playbook, and we must shift priorities and adapt to dynamic situations
- Fluent use of English and Japanese in your everyday work is no challenge for you
- Experience to work in SaaS start-up and bridge enterprise feature requests between customers and product team
- Experience working with Enterprise Clients
- A base of knowledge with security certifications such as ISO 27001, SOC 2, and ISMAP
- Fluent use of Korean at a professional level
- Knowledge of translation software and technology
What we offer
- Diverse and internationally distributed team: joining our team means becoming part of a large, global community with people of more than 90 nationalities. We're more than just colleagues; we're a group of professionals with a shared mission to connect diverse cultures. Our global presence is growing–we've doubled in size nearly every year, with our employees based in the UK, Germany, the Netherlands, Poland, the US, and Japan, and we continue to expand our network.
- Open communication, regular feedback: as a language-focused company, we value the importance of clear, honest communication. We value smooth collaboration, direct and actionable feedback, and believe that leading with empathy makes us better together.
- Hybrid work, flexible hours: whether you're near our hub in Tokyo, or prefer the comfort of your own home, you decide where your office is. We offer flexible working hours and trust in your productivity, all in sync with your team's general locations and time zones to foster effective and seamless collaboration. Our aim is to integrate your work with your lifestyle, ensuring a balance that respects both your needs and our operational requirements.
- Regular in-person team events: we bond over vibrant events that are as unique as our team, from local team and business unit gatherings, to new-joiner onboardings, to company-wide events that bring us all together–literally.
- Comprehensive health insurance: your health comes first. With our comprehensive insurance, we'll make sure you're covered from head to toe.
- 20 days of annual leave: we value your peace of mind. With 20 days off (excluding public holidays) and access to mental health resources, we make sure you're as strong mentally as you are professionally.
- Annual learning budget: because we never stop learning, we’ve set up an annual budget for your professional development—pick a learning path that contributes to your career development and we'll back you up.