Software Engineer - Experimentation Platform (f/m/d) - GER, UK, NL, PL
Standort flexibelKöln, Nordrhein-Westfalen, DeutschlandEngineering
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
We are constantly looking for outstanding employees! Currently we offer remote work in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK and Poland. Whether you would like to work from home in one of these countries or from one of our offices in Cologne or Paderborn: the choice is yours. No matter where you choose to work from, our way of working is designed to make you an essential part of the team.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join a cross-functional team of versatile Engineers & Data Scientists to develop, extend and maintain our experimentation platform. The experimentation platform provides our internal stakeholders (product managers, developers and management) with a comprehensive A/B testing framework consisting of internal APIs, ETL workflows, dashboards and UIs. It enables DeepL to run experiments at scale and make decisions based on data.
- You will be part of the team that maintains front- and backend applications and data workflows that define our experimentation products
- You own the full product lifecycle (You build it, you ship it, you maintain it)
- You communicate with stakeholders, define requirements and implement them directly
- You consult the data scientists in your team in engineering matters and become the interface to the data platform
What we offer
- Meaningful work: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Data at scale from products used by more than 1 billion people worldwide
- Our own data, analytics, machine learning and experimentation platform - far beyond the limitations of standard web analytics platforms
- Interesting challenges: design and programming at the highest level
- We are a distributed work force enabling our employees to work from the comfort of your home office in Germany, Poland, Netherlands or the UK or in one of our comfortable offices
- State of the art equipment for your workplace
- A friendly, diverse, and highly committed team with a lot of trust and very short decision making processes
- Professional experience of Frontend Development (TypeScript & React)
- Experience in at least one other programming language, preferably Python or Go
- Experience with relational databases, preferably Postgres
- Ideally experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- You show initiative, enjoy solving challenging problems, and like to iterate quickly on new ideas
- You are curious about a/b testing and building an internal platform for developers and product managers
- You are fluent in English
Please make sure to send your application in English, we are looking forward to it!