SEO QA Engineer (f/m/d) - GER, UK, NL or PL
Standort flexibelKöln, Nordrhein-Westfalen, DeutschlandEngineering
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
We are constantly looking for outstanding employees! Currently we offer remote work in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK and Poland. Whether you would like to work from home in one of these countries or from one of our offices in Amsterdam, London, Cologne or Paderborn: the choice is yours. No matter where you choose to work from, our way of working is designed to make you an essential part of the team.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
As an SEO QA Engineer, you will first and foremost be involved in testing technical SEO improvements and changes. We are constantly working on introducing new web pages and services. Your job would be to help make sure that newly developed web pages and services adhere to the highest SEO standards, and to detect bugs in time to ensure that DeepL's position in search engines remains as high as possible.
You will also get the chance to be involved in testing various new web pages, features and apps. Your main tasks will be to track down and reproduce any bugs and creating bug tickets for our developers in the process.
You will be in close communication with the engineering team and product managers during your daily work to make sure that all of our products adhere to the highest standards and are released bug-free.
Not only that, but you will get to write documentation, create and maintain test cases, and be involved in team decisions & discussions.
- Functional testing of SEO changes before and after deployment
- Manual testing of apps and services across a wide range of test areas: web, backend (API), apps & payment testing
- Creating bug report tickets (JIRA)
- Creating test plans (Testrail) and test documentation (Confluence)
- Being part of a cross-functional engineering team focused on SEO, and communicating with developers and product managers on SEO development and QA matters
- Cooperating with other QA engineers, including discussion on workflow improvements & QA-related themes
What we offer
- A product used by more than 100 million worldwide
- Meaningful work: we break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- A friendly, experienced, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, trust, empathy, inclusivity and an overall ‘human-first’ approach are just as important to us
- Regular innovative team-building events- internationally!
- A nice office in Amsterdam, London, Cologne or Paderborn (or comparable equipment for your home office) and a lot of flexibility
- Good knowledge of HTML
- Basic technical knowledge of SEO
- Both manual and automated testing experience
- Able to test both before and after deployment of SEO changes
- Used to working in a structured, thorough and independent manner
- You have an eye for detail and can keep focus on testing tasks
- Comfortable with using tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Browserstack, Testrail, etc.
- You are a strong communicator
- Fluent in English, knowledge of other languages, e.g. German, is a plus
Please make sure to send your application in English, we are looking forward to it!