Senior C# Engineer - Finance (f/m/d) - GER, UK, NL or PL
Standort flexibelDeutschland, Nordrhein-Westfalen, KölnEngineering
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available to everyone free of charge. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest trends and technologies. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our open and positive workplace philosophy enables employees to feel comfortable and thrive in their roles. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language-related problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
We are constantly looking for outstanding employees! Currently we offer remote work in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK and Poland. Whether you would like to work from home in one of these countries or from one of our offices in Amsterdam, London, Cologne or Paderborn: the choice is yours. No matter where you choose to work from, our way of working is designed to make you an essential part of the team.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
Thanks to our unique neural networks, DeepL is able to deliver the world’s best translation quality. In order to keep it that way, we are constantly improving our apps and adding exciting new features - and this is where your experience in developing sophisticated software comes in.
In this position, you'll be working on developing and maintaining our services (running on .NET Core) that help keep our Finance and Support operations run smoothly. With the Business Verticals team, you will work closely together with technical specialists on the DeepL platform, functional area leads and subject matter experts in Finance and Marketing areas to improve and maintain our ERP integrations (Workday and other platforms). You'll provide low-level design on solutions and perform technical analysis and development of applications with necessary customization, alongside the rest of the engineering and business teams.
- As the subject matter expert, oversee the technical integrations of the DeepL platform with Finance system.
- Lead the research, design, development, testing and delivery of any new and existing solutions for our Workday integration
- Create detailed integration specifications, field mappings, and designs to support the entire integration deployment life-cycle.
What we offer
- Interesting and challenging software development work on a product that is already used by over 100 million people
- Code reviews and a focus on high quality
- Meaningful work at scale: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up! Over the last year we doubled in size, hiring new colleagues across UK, Germany, Poland, NL and Japan
- We’ve got your back! We are an experienced, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but trust, empathy, inclusivity and an overall ‘human-first’ approach are just as important to us
- Flexible Work Arrangements: with office hubs in Cologne, Berlin, London, and Amsterdam, you choose where and how you work. We offer fully remote work from UK/DE/NL/PL, no strings attached, no 'to be reviewed'- DeepL is a remote-positive company now and forever
- Regular innovative team-building events- internationally!
- You are a seasoned developer in object-oriented programming languages with extensive Finance industry experience
- Strong proficiency in C# and .NET (Core)
- Experience with the development and design of third-party enterprise integrations
- Fluent in English, knowledge of other languages is a plus
We'd especially love to speak if you have:
- Experience with implementing solutions in the field of finance and payments
- Deep knowledge of implementing Workday with Workday Studio, EIB and Core Connectors, or experience with integration of any ERM
We are looking forward to your application!