Senior Backend Engineer C# | GER, PL
Standort flexibelAny location within Germany or Poland, Nordrhein-Westfalen, DeutschlandEngineering
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available to everyone free of charge. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest trends and technologies. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our open and positive workplace philosophy enables employees to feel comfortable and thrive in their roles. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language-related problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
Thanks to our unique neural networks, DeepL is able to deliver the world’s best translation quality. In order to keep it that way, we are constantly improving our apps and adding exciting new features - and this is where your experience in developing sophisticated software comes in.
You will be developing C# backend services (running on .NET Core on Linux) for products that help millions of people in their everyday lives. You will be part of a highly motivated team that values easy to maintain and efficient code. Important design decisions are made by the whole team in open discussions.
- Design and implement reliable, scalable and efficient backend services for DeepL's products
- Contribute to monitoring and debugging the services in production, e.g. by defining expressive metrics and ensuring informative logs
- Integrate DeepL with external services for authentication purposes
- Collaborate across teams to define shared interfaces and ensure smooth operation in production
What we offer
- Interesting and challenging software development work on a product that is already used by over 100 million people
- Code reviews and a focus on high quality
- Meaningful work at scale: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up! Over the last year we doubled in size, hiring new colleagues across UK, Germany, Poland, NL and Japan
- We’ve got your back! We are an experienced, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but trust, empathy, inclusivity and an overall ‘human-first’ approach are just as important to us
- Flexible Work Arrangements: with office hubs in Cologne, Berlin, London, and Amsterdam, you choose where and how you work. We offer fully remote work from UK/DE/NL/PL, no strings attached, no 'to be reviewed'- DeepL is a remote-positive company now and forever
- Regular innovative team-building events- internationally!
- Several years of software development experience
- Strong proficiency in C# and .NET Core
- Solid understanding of algorithmic complexity and common data structures
- Exposure to deploying software to Linux environments
- A degree in computer science or comparable, alternatively several years of professional experience in software development
- Fluent in English, knowledge of other languages is a plus
Ideally, you have one or more of the following qualifications:
- Deep knowledge about building and optimizing high-traffic ASP.NET Core services for Linux
- Experience with highly available SQL or NoSQL databases
- Experience implementing Single-sign on (SSO), e.g. with SAML
- Experience hosting services on AWS
We are looking forward to your application!