Sales Coach | Japan
RemoteTokyo, Tokyo, JapanSales
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
Working closely with the Head of Sales Coaching, you will be assisting, create and contribute to the adoption of a true coaching culture within DeepL. Your responsibilities will focus on the development of our salespeople, delivering individual and team training, working to the DeepL SaaS methodology. To be successful in this role, you should have a good understanding of sales techniques and the ability to coach and motivate employees of varying seniority. Ultimately, you will help our salespeople improve their skills and achieve their quotas.
- Coach the sales team in the DeepL sales methodology
- Act as a consultant to salespeople, and encourage insightful thought on sales related challenges
- Work in tandem with sales managers to Identify individual and team training needs
- Partner with the Enablement team to develop sales educational material
- Design learning track paths incorporating a mix of structured training, role play activities and call observation feedback
- Gather feedback on all training programs from sales, managers and instructors
- Assist in annual learning and development objectives for the sales team
What we offer
- Make an impact! We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up. Over the last year we doubled in size with employees located across UK, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, and Japan
- We’ve got your back. We are an experienced, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but the human approach, trust, empathy, and inclusivity are just as important
- Regular innovative team-building events – internationally, as well as whole company events
- The opportunity to shape a product experience for an unlimited market with a diverse customer base (international customers, from start-ups to large corporations)
- Hack-Fridays – Every month we have a dedicated, interruption-free day on a company-wide scale to work on a project of your choice. Whatever it might be, if it means something to you, this is your day to do it
- With our people-centric approach, we value Life-Domain Balance and mental well-being! Therefore, we offer flexible hours and a mental well-being app with access to psychologists, group sessions, and self-guided learning tools
- Work experience as a Sales Coach, Sales Trainer or similar role
- Coaching or working to and with industry recognized SaaS methodology
- Experience and previous success in B2B sales
- Familiarity with role-playing activities and e-learning platforms
- Hands-on experience creating presentations (e.g. videos or slides)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to motivate people
- Problem-solving skills
- Training and/or coaching accreditation is a plus
- You are fluent in Japanese and can provide English on a business level
We are looking forward to your application!