Revenue Marketing Specialist (f/m/d) | Japan
RemoteJapan, Tokyo, TokyoMarketing
is Germany's best-known AI company. People and their communication challenges are at the heart of everything we do. Founded in 2017 by German researchers, we've developed DeepL, the world's most accurate AI technology, enabling real-time human-sounding translation. Accessible across the web translator, browser extensions, desktop and mobile apps, and an API, DeepL supports a best-in-class translation experience in 29 languages.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL was founded by engineers and scientists on a mission to break language barriers and bring cultures together. Being fully profitable and product-led, we are proud to build a research-heavy company developing language solutions used by millions of people and well over 20,000+ businesses around the globe. Thanks to our open work culture and small multifunctional team structure, we can innovate fast, outperforming our closest competitors by a factor of 3:1. What sets us apart is also the scale. Deepl.com is one of the most visited websites in the world, processing translation for 1 trillion characters in the last few months. DeepL is remote-first and diverse by default organization, with local offices in Europe and Asia. Our 400+ people strong team is spread across four hubs in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK, Poland and Japan.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
As our first Revenue Marketing Specialist in Japan, you’ll support our Sales team by providing new contents, data, and opportunities through wide coverage of activities collaborating with our cross-functional team globally.
- Strategically create Japanese local contents collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders: customer’s story, use case, best practice, and logo
- Be a trusted partner working closely with the entire revenue team to plan, prioritize, and execute the wide coverage of strategical marketing activities, especially aligning with global PR and marketing team
- Build and execute B2B demand generation plan in Japan through a mixture of online and offline activities
- Set respective goals, analyse activity performance, identify insights, then improve next activities to maximize performance
- Improve operational processes and reporting related to all marketing activities to measure effectiveness, performance, and ROI of marketing spend
What we offer
- A friendly, international, and highly committed team with a lot of trust with efficient decision-making processes.
- The opportunity to message the value of DeepL on an unlimited market with a diverse customer base (international customers, from start-ups to large corporations, diverse industries)
- The possibility to build and shape our marketing processes and knowledge management.
- Meaningful work: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together.
- Regular team events to align one clear direction with both Japan and global team.
- Build our mixture of product-led growth and sales-led growth motion, and work alongside world-class tech specialists
- Ability to have an impact and grow local marketing motion in Japan from scratch
- 8-10 years marketing experience, preferably in a B2B SaaS tech company
- Funnel based mind-set to develop, execute, and measure progress of activities across diversified channels
- You are a strategic thinker and problem solver who is able to find creative solutions to meet business needs by both internal and external stakeholders
- You have exceptional interpersonal skills, experience in building strong relationship/engagement at all levels of customers
- Willing to work in a fast-paced environment and have a can-do and proactive attitude
- You have a base of knowledge and experience of technologies such as CRM, MA, CS, BI, and KM
- Fluency in Japanese and English are mandatory
- Experience working in SaaS start-up and being a bridge between customers and a global marketing team
- You have basic knowledge of Salesforce, HubSpot and Slack building up a healthy funnel structure and processes
- Knowledge of a European language (especially German or French)
- Knowledge of translation software and technology
Please make sure to send your CV and cover letter in English.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!