QA Engineer | Document Translation
Standort flexibelKöln oder Berlin, Nordrhein-Westfalen, DeutschlandEngineering
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
We are constantly looking for outstanding employees! Currently we offer remote work in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK and Poland. Whether you would like to work from home in one of these countries or from one of our offices in Amsterdam, London, Cologne or Berlin: the choice is yours. No matter where you choose to work from, our way of working is designed to make you an essential part of the team.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
As QA engineer, you will be involved in the development process of our state-of-the-art document translation service that is widely used in our web and desktop applications. Your main tasks will be to track down and reproduce any bugs, while creating bug tickets for our developers in the process, as well as developing new and maintaining existing integration tests to ensure consistent quality of our service. Not only that, but you will have the chance to write documentation, create and maintain test cases, and be involved in team decisions & discussions. You will be in close communication with the engineering team and technical project managers during your daily work, to make sure that our service adheres to the highest standards and is released bug-free.
- Manual testing of document translation service
- Verification of document translation quality in translated document samples
- Checking, filtering and understanding support queries from end customers to improve document translation quality
- Writing integration tests in Python
- Creating bug report tickets (JIRA)
- Creating test plans (Testrail) and test documentation (Confluence)
- Being part of a cross-functional engineering team, and communicating with developers and product managers on development and QA matters
- Cooperating with other QA engineers, including discussion on workflow improvements & QA-related themes
What we offer
- A product used by more than 100 million users worldwide
- Meaningful work: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- A friendly, international, and highly committed team
- Support from developers in order to further develop in terms of test automation
- Regular team events
- A nice office in Amsterdam, London, Cologne or Berlin (or comparable equipment for your home office) and a lot of flexibility
- You have extensive experience in manual software testing, both frontend and backend, on multiple platforms such as macOS and Windows, experience with other platforms is a plus
- You have experience writing scripts in Python and can work on creating automated test cases for use in integration tests
- Used to working in a structured, thorough and independent manner
- You have an eye for detail and can keep focus on testing tasks
- Comfortable with using tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Testrail, etc.
- You are a strong communicator
- You are willing to master your skills
- Fluent in English, knowledge of other languages, e.g. German, is a plus
We are looking forward to your application!
Even if you don't have all of the skills listed above, please do feel free to apply, as we might still find that you are a good match!