People Operations Specialist (f/m/d)
Köln und Berlin, Nordrhein-Westfalen, DeutschlandPeople and Culture
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
We are growing very fast right now. This is an exciting time, and we need active support as soon as possible! And this is where you come in with your expertise: With your structured way of working, your organizational talent and your experience in the administrative HR area, you will support us in bringing new colleagues on board and driving existing processes forward in order to achieve great goals together. You will join an efficient and very well organized people team, which is continuously growing just like the company, and which will realize great projects together with you.
- You support us in all administrative areas, e.g. creating contracts and maintaining the digital employee files, onboarding new employees, answering employee inquiries, creating statistics, processing A1 applications, etc.
- For your colleagues in Poland, Germany, the Netherlands, and the UK, you are the first point of contact for inquiries regarding payroll, vacation, parental leave, etc.
- The maintenance of our vacation planning system also falls into your area of responsibility
- In addition, you work hand in hand with our Finance team on different topics, e.g. preparatory payroll
- There are many challenging, but exciting projects and tasks coming up this year: We look forward to your input in designing and optimizing existing as well as new admin processes in our People Team!
What we offer
- A friendly, international and very committed People team with a lot of trust and very short decision-making processes
- Flat hierarchies and a lot freedom to drive projects in a creative way
- Meaningful work: We break down language barriers worldwide and thus bring different cultures closer together
- Regular team events
- Benefits such as JobRad, fitness club membership, Lunchit (daily lunch allowance), travel health insurance for private and professional trips abroad
- A nice office with fresh fruits, snacks, drinks and good humour
- Previous experience in the area of HR administration, ideally in a dynamic and fast-growing work environment
- Knowledge of German and ideally international labor law
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and structure your work
- An open-minded, people-oriented and empathic personality with a hands-on mentality
- You are willing to work from either our Cologne or Berlin office about 2-3 times per week
- Very good English skills written and spoken, if you also speak German this would be a plus
We are looking forward to your application!