People Operations Project Lead
Berlin or Cologne (Hybrid), Nordrhein-Westfalen, GermanyPeople and Culture
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
As the People Operations Project Lead, you'll be the guiding force behind transformative People initiatives, propelling our global teams towards operational excellence. You'll be seen as the go-to expert in project management, ensuring that complex, multi-functional projects are executed smoothly and efficiently.
- Global Project Leadership: Actively steer multi-functional, full-cycle projects concurrently on a regional or global scale
- Methodology Mastery: Serve as the Subject Matter Expert in People Operations project methodology, providing strategic guidance and coaching to project teams
- PM Advancement: Innovate the Project Management Team ability to deliver repeatable, predictable, and sustainable projects
- Mentorship & Coaching: Build the organizational skills in project management by mentoring other project managers and leads
- Data-Driven Management: Develop comprehensive project plans, track core deliverables, and manage project risks and issues
- Stakeholder Engagement: Forge and manage stakeholder relationships to ensure alignment with project goals and expectations
What we offer
- A friendly, international and very committed People team with a lot of trust and very short decision-making processes
- Flat hierarchies and a lot freedom to drive projects in a creative way
- Meaningful work at scale: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up! Over the last year we doubled in size, hiring new colleagues across UK, Germany, Poland, NL and Japan
- We’ve got your back! We are an experienced, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but trust, empathy, inclusivity and an overall ‘human-first’ approach are just as important to us
- Regular innovative team-building events- internationally!
- Benefits such as JobRad, fitness club membership, Lunchit (daily lunch allowance), travel health insurance for private and professional trips abroad and individual learning budgets
- A nice office in Cologne or Berlin with fresh fruits, snacks, drinks and good humor - the possibility to work remotely and a lot of flexibility
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Proven expertise in leading people operations/HR projects and project management methodologies
- You thrive in a collaborative environment and prioritize team results
- You have a keen eye for process design and are committed to operational excellence and people centricity
- Change and quick adaptation to new challenges are no problem for you
- Strong communication, coaching skills and analytical capabilities
- Adept at conflict management and decision-making
- Proficiency in project management software
- Fluent in English
- We expect to see you at least monthly at our Cologne HQ for planning and mentoring over snacks and coffee after attending one of our beloved barista classes