People & Development Partner | Marketing
Standort flexibelKöln, Nordrhein-Westfalen, DeutschlandPeople and Culture
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
While we are growing quite fast, we want to maintain our people centric culture that makes us successful. For this advanced growth phase, we need your experience, ideas and drive to make this happen. You will be the link between our People & Culture Team and the Marketing Team, making sure that both sides are aware of the requirements, new challenges and what's going on in these exciting times. Your tasks will range from consulting on common people and culture issues to monitoring and optimising the employee lifecycle for your teams. Additionally, you have the ability to notice and identify development needs at personal, team (and company) level and the attitude to proactively create and implement solutions (in cooperation with your Partner & Development Team). You will be part of our flexible and approachable People & Culture Team that is looking forward to becoming even more powerful together with you.
- You are a competent and trustworthy partner for your the Marketing Team and serve as a contact person for all People & Culture related topics
- Together with your teams, you develop customized onboarding processes
- All stakeholders can rely on your support on issues such as workforce planning, compensation and recognition.
- You give support in coaching, mediation, mental health and work-life related matters
- You act as a sparring partner for team leads on topics around leadership
- As an expert for our internal career paths framework, you guide the personal development of the people in the teams assigned to you
- You identify issues and solve them proactively
- Using prior experience, you will also be jumping into projects like building career development frameworks, feedback culture or employee satisfaction
- Communicating and implementing strategic initiatives together with your fellow People Partners will also be one of your responsibilities
What we offer
- Make an impact! We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up. Over the last year we doubled in size with employees located across UK, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, and Japan
- We’ve got your back. We are an experienced, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but the human approach, trust, empathy, and inclusivity are just as important
- Flexible work arrangements: with office hubs in Cologne, Berlin, London, and Amsterdam, you choose where and how you work. We offer fully remote work from UK/DE/NL/PL, no strings attached, no 'to be reviewed'- DeepL is a remote-positive company now and forever
- Regular innovative team-building events - internationally
- The opportunity to be part of actively shaping and developing our concept of people partnering and development
- In your career, you have gained significant experience in driving and delivering outcomes in a fast-paced environment within a global tech and growth company
- With your experience working in a people & culture team, you will be a source of knowledge for your colleagues and wider team in topics like strategic questions, labour law, foundational tasks and their documentation etc.
- Additionally, you are familiar with people development, ideally both conceptually and in practical implementation
- You have a strategic mindset with experience in assessing risk in relation to the business and the ability to work on several tasks in parallel
- High empathy and emotional intelligence are strengths of yours
- You are forward thinking, methodical, and anticipate challenges
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are a standard for you
- Fluent English speaker. German, Dutch or Polish is a plus
We are looking forward to your application!