Cologne, Nordrhein-Westfalen, GermanyOffice & Assistance
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
DeepL is currently growing rapidly and with this brings many exciting challenges as well as opportunities.
At the moment we are a team of seven people, who are responsible for many operational and administrative processes at DeepL. We are the heart of the company and care about the well-being of all of our employees.
We are looking for you to support us in our daily operations and take responsibility for our "front of the house" in the future. This is a challenging, yet incredibly rewarding position.
Initiative and strong communication skills are necessary to manage your tasks.
Please note this position will require you to be present in the Cologne office Monday-Friday.
- Cover the Front of House: You will be the main point of contact for our Cologne headquarters, providing an exemplary front-of-house experience for the internal team and external guests, ensuring the workplace is a comfortable and enjoyable environment for all
- Ensure the efficient day-to-day management and maintenance of the office, including proactive inventory management, meeting rooms and common areas, as well as encouraging recycling and assisting with the implementation of sustainability programs and other classic reception tasks
- Implement and maintain our procedures as well as office administrative and internal ticketing systems
- Build strong and meaningful relationships and work closely with external contractors/contacts
- Work independently or as part of a team to optimize processes and actively participate in our digitization projects
What we offer
- Meaningful work: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Work at scale. Opportunity to grow the state-of-art technology with a strong product x market fit. Millions of people have used DeepL up to this date
- A friendly, international and highly committed team with a lot of trust and efficient decision- making processes
- We cherish collaboration and efficiency but are human in our approach – empathy and inclusivity are critical
- State of the art tech equipment, to support a smooth remote work experience
- Regular innovative team-building events- internationally
- You will have completed vocational training (or studies) and have already gained some experience as an office manager and/or in a reception area
- You are open, friendly and have a hands-on mentality
- You like to work in a team and don't lose your positivity and good mood, even on a hectic day
- You feel comfortable with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point), experience with Confluence, Jira and Slack is desirable
- We are looking for someone to support us in the office on site, but home office is also desirable by arrangement
- Fluent in German and very good English is desirable
We are looking forward to your application!