Sales Manager | Mid-Market
RemoteTokyo, Tokyo, JapanSales
DeepL, Europe's leading AI company since 2017, is dedicated to breaking down language barriers and bringing cultures closer together. Our expertise in AI and neural networks has enabled us to create cutting-edge communication technologies for businesses, including the acclaimed DeepL Translator which offers 30+ languages, and DeepL Write, our AI writing companion. Our core offering includes a suite of products and tools made for businesses to communicate more effectively, both internally and with their customers around the globe.
Our goal is to become the global leader in Language AI and build products that help drive better communication, drive connection, and make real-life impact. To do that, we need talented people, like you, who want to be a part of this exciting journey. If you're ready to work with a dynamic team and build your career in the fast-moving AI space, DeepL is your destination.
What sets us apart
We are committed to innovation and to a nurturing work environment. Founded by developers and researchers, we spend a lot of time actively reviewing the latest trends in generative AI and software engineering. Known for pioneering AI technologies, we dive deep into cutting-edge research to create not only translations, but advanced language solutions. Combining our use of modern technology, comprehensive employee benefits with our open and welcoming work culture is what sets us apart.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, the reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because of the products that have helped countless people worldwide, or maybe it's because of our shared goal of improving communication for individuals and businesses worldwide. What we're certain of is this: being part of DeepL means joining a team committed to innovation and the well-being of its employees.
What you will be doing?
We’re looking for a motivated Sales Manager to help us to rapidly grow our Enterprise footprint. You'll be responsible for leading and growing a Mid-Market team as well as building relationships with enterprise businesses internationally; focussing on both winning new business and maximising expansion. We are looking for you to have a proven track record leading a team of Enterprise AE's and share in our passionate vision of a world without language barriers. As one of our early Enterprise hires, you will play a key role in shaping our Enterprise processes and playbook!
- Provide strong leadership, vision and direction for the enterprise sales team and broader DeepL sales organisation
- Lead ongoing growth and development including hiring, onboarding, training, and coaching AE's
- Maintain a high level knowledge of DeepL product and solutions while staying current in understanding the competitive landscape and industry trends
- Be accountable for the attainment of your account executive's performance targets
- Partner with Sales Development, Solution Consultant, Customer Success and other cross-functional teams to drive success and prioritize where DeepL invests its resources
- Track and analyze sales pipelines and activities to understand and capitalize on buying trends and patterns
- Report accurately to senior management on progress/obstacles including regular sales forecast
- Establish policies, processes and procedures that will ensure enterprise revenue growth
- Roll up your sleeves and do what is necessary for the customer and your team
- 3+ years of Account Executive management experience
- 8+ years of Sales experience preferably within an MM or Enterprise SaaS organization
- Currently and successfully leading a team of at least 6 Enterprise Account Executives in B2B SaaS solution sales environment
- Solid understanding of B2B SaaS applications and collaboration technology
- Consistent track record of achieving personal and team goals
- Excellent coaching, mentoring, executing, discovery and presentation skills
- History of thriving in a rapidly changing environment
- Enthusiasm for increasing customer happiness and deepening customer relationships
- Results-oriented, self-directed with a passion to succeed
- Fluency written/spoken in Japanese and English required
What we offer
- Diverse and internationally distributed team: joining our team means becoming part of a large, global community with people of more than 90 nationalities. We're more than just colleagues; we're a group of professionals with a shared mission to connect diverse cultures. Our global presence is growing–we've doubled in size nearly every year, with our employees based in the UK, Germany, the Netherlands, Poland, the US, and Japan, and we continue to expand our network.
- Open communication, regular feedback: as a language-focused company, we value the importance of clear, honest communication. We value smooth collaboration, direct and actionable feedback, and believe that leading with empathy makes us better together.
- Hybrid work, flexible hours: whether you're near our hub in Tokyo, or prefer the comfort of your own home, you decide where your office is. We offer flexible working hours and trust in your productivity, all in sync with your team's general locations and time zones to foster effective and seamless collaboration. Our aim is to integrate your work with your lifestyle, ensuring a balance that respects both your needs and our operational requirements.
- Regular in-person team events: we bond over vibrant events that are as unique as our team, from local team and business unit gatherings, to new-joiner onboardings, to company-wide events that bring us all together–literally.
- Comprehensive health insurance: your health comes first. With our comprehensive insurance, we'll make sure you're covered from head to toe.
- 20 days of annual leave: we value your peace of mind. With 20 days off (excluding public holidays) and access to mental health resources, we make sure you're as strong mentally as you are professionally.
- Annual learning budget: because we never stop learning, we’ve set up an annual budget for your professional development—pick a learning path that contributes to your career development and we'll back you up.
We are looking forward to your application!