Machine Learning Ops Engineer | Data Analytics Platform (f/m/d) - GER, UK, NL, PL
Standort flexibelDeutschland, Nordrhein-Westfalen, KölnEngineering
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
We are constantly looking for outstanding employees! Currently we offer remote work in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK and Poland. Whether you would like to work from home in one of these countries or from one of our offices in Cologne or Paderborn: the choice is yours. No matter where you choose to work from, our way of working is designed to make you an essential part of the team.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
We are looking for an experienced Machine Learning Operations Engineer to help build and improve our in-house Data Platform spanning multiple data centers. The Data Platform combines different data sources, both internal and external and makes them available to our stakeholders company-wide: Developers, Product Development, Data Science and Management. You will work in a cross-functional team with Product Managers, Data Scientists, Data Engineers, and Developers to make the future at DeepL bright and data-driven.
- Help our team to design, build and continuously improve the infrastructure for training, deploying and serving machine learning models and data analytics processes
- Work closely with our data engineers and data scientists to design and maintain a scalable data platform
- Design and implement new microservices and software for internal tooling and machine learning pipelines
- Take care of the automated deployment and maintenance of our applications and models to Kubernetes and bare-metal machines
What we offer
- Data at scale from products used by more than 100 million people worldwide
- Our own data, analytics, machine learning and experimentation platform - far beyond the limitations of standard web analytics platforms
- The chance to work and play with state of the art technologies like Clickhouse, bare-metal Kubernetes and Kafka
- Interesting challenges: design and programming at the highest level
- A friendly, international, and highly committed team with a lot of trust and very short decision making processes
- Meaningful work: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- A comfortable office or suitable equipment for your home office and a lot of flexibility
- You have professional experience in Python or Go
- You have professional experience maintaining a platform used to build, train and deploy production-level machine learning models
- You have exceptional software engineering skills (abstraction, modularization and data structures)
- You have experience with data infrastructure: databases, message queues, batch and stream processing
- You have experience with distributed systems and container orchestration (Kubernetes)
- You are a good communicator and team player
- You are fluent in English
We are looking forward to your application!