Legal Operations Specialist
Cologne, Nordrhein-Westfalen, GermanyLegal
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
We are growing very fast and gaining new customers every day. It is an exciting time! At the same time, our tasks, contracts and administrative workload are increasing. This is where your expertise comes in: If you are looking for a new challenge in a digital, fast-paced environment and are interested in topics such as legal operations and legal tech & AI, then we need you. With your experience and motivation, you will contribute to the work and efficiency of our legal team by assisting with various administrative tasks as well as implementing and optimising new and existing (digital) processes.
- Supporting the DeepL Legal team in various organizational matters as well as recurring and administrative tasks in the day-to-day business (e.g. coordinating and prioritizing contract reviews, handling the signing and management of contracts with customers and suppliers)
- You will assist in the implementation and management of in-house legal operations or legal tech projects aimed at automating legal processes and workflows (e.g. contract management, our in-house legal chatbot and various other existing and emerging tools) and be responsible for their documentation
- Generally, you will support the structuring of internal legal processes and continuously review our existing systems and processes for improvement and optimisation
- Take ownership of specific software tools and their management, and be responsible for designing efficient workflows in this context.
- You will provide support in responding to external and internal enquiries, working closely with other internal teams as required.
- Facilitate the onboarding of new colleagues and knowledge transfer within the legal team and with other teams that need to coordinate with the legal team
What we offer
- Make an impact! We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up. Over the last year we doubled in size with employees located across UK, Japan, USA, Netherlands, Germany and Poland
- We’ve got your back. We are an experienced, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but the human approach, trust, empathy, and inclusivity are just as important
- Regular innovative team-building events - internationally
- The opportunity to shape a product experience for an unlimited market with a diverse customer base (international customers, from start-ups to large corporations)
- Part-time possible (at least 80%)
- You have a legal background, e.g. as a qualified paralegal, legal secretary or a bachelor's degree in business law and have worked in in-house legal departments/law firms or have comparable experience in large companies
- Several years of relevant experience demonstrating operational management expertise, ideally in the legal sector. Previous experience in the IT/digital sector would be an advantage
- You have a solid understanding of German civil law and legal processes, and are able to complete tasks in a structured, accurate and responsible manner
- In addition, you are proficient in the use of standard office tools and can quickly familiarise yourself with new software systems. Solid technical knowledge, especially in the field of legal tech, is an advantage
- Ability to think on your feet, adapt quickly to changing priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable in an environment with lawyers, other business functions, developers and linguists
- You speak and write fluent German and English
Feel free to apply in German or English.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!