IT Support Engineer (f/m/d) - GER, UK, NL, PL
RemoteKöln, Nordrhein-Westfalen, GermanyEngineering
...is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures together.
What distinguishes us from other companies
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
We are constantly looking for outstanding employees! Currently, we offer remote work in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK, and Poland. Whether you would like to work from home in one of these countries or from one of our offices in Amsterdam, London, Cologne, or Paderborn: the choice is yours. No matter where you choose to work from, our way of working is designed to make you an essential part of the team.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
As an IT Support Engineer, you bridge the gap between IT Support and DevOps. Technical challenges, major changes and related projects will be part of your daily business. You will be a technical operator with a focus on our employees and their IT service needs.
- As an IT Support Engineer, you will be working closely together with the DevOps Engineers to solve more complex support issues reported by other Engineers and Developers at DeepL
- You will also help to improve and automate the processes for the IT support team
- You will assist the more junior members of the team with classical IT support issues
- Maintain and administer various tools served by the IT Support team
What we offer
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our employees to work from the comfort of your home office in Germany, Poland, Netherlands, or the UK or in one of our comfortable offices
- State-of-the-art equipment for your workplace
- Almost completely open-source technology on the inside - if we run it, we can fix it ourselves
- Operation at scale for products used by more than 100 million people worldwide
- A friendly, international, and highly committed team with a lot of trust, and a concise decision-making processes
- Meaningful work: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Previous experience in a technically demanding role or strong personal experience with technical issues. Preferably previous experience in IT support or systems administration.
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix shells and systems
- At least basic scripting experience, preferably in Python3 or Bash
- Solid understanding of computer networking, enough to troubleshoot common networking issues
- Strong interest and willingness to learn new skills, such as new programming languages and technologies (Dropbox, Kubernetes, Puppet, Ansible, RESTful APIs, SSO, Powershell, LDAP)
- Strong communication skills, especially in English. German language skills a plus
- Working close to our offices for occasional onsite support is a plus (Cologne, Berlin, Amsterdam, Paderborn)
- You want to be a DevOps / SRE Engineer, but don't feel qualified yet?
If you don't tick all of the boxes above but feel like you're the right person: Don't worry, give it a shot!