Information Security Manager (f/m/d)
RemoteGermany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, CologneEngineering
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
DeepL is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
We are constantly looking for outstanding employees! Currently we offer remote work in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK and Poland. Whether you would like to work from home in one of these countries or from one of our offices in Amsterdam, London, Cologne or Paderborn: the choice is yours. No matter where you choose to work from, our way of working is designed to make you an essential part of the team.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
As the Project Manager Information Security, you will work closely with the Information Security Officer of DeepL. Your task is to ensure that information security is taken into account in all projects, processes and the entire organization. You will have a lot of independent decision-making authority and can implement new ideas directly. Together with the IT-Security team from the DevOps department you will ensure the security of DeepL.
- You ensure an up-to-date process landscape in the area of information security and identify potential for optimization
- This includes regular audits which you plan in close cooperation with your colleagues from engineering and research
- You perform security reviews and support other teams with security-related questions
- You will always keep an eye on the implementation of measures resulting from audits and pentests (Penetration Testing)
- You take over ongoing tasks of the ISMS, such as the training of employees or the verification of policies
- You help to further improve security awareness at DeepL
What we offer
- Interesting quests: Raise the security bar of a company whose product is used by more than 100 million people
- A small, effective, and highly skilled team enjoying mutual trust and truly short decision-making processes
- Meaningful work: We overcome language barriers and thus bring cultures closer together
- A nice set of Benefits depending on the country you work from
- Working for a company that successfully turned neural networks into a profitable company
- A comfortable office in Cologne, Berlin, London or Amsterdam or suitable equipment for your home office. Visits to Cologne with low regularity.
- A degree in the field of computer science, business informatics or comparable
- Relevant experience as a Information Security Manager in a comparable industry / field
- Knowledge of Enterprise IT, network communications or cloud-based technologies is an advantage
- Experience with security relevant certifications (e.g. SOC 2 Type II, ISO 27001)
- Very good English skills, knowledge of other languages is advantageous
- Experience and a lot of initiative in the implementation of security-critical projects
Please make sure to send your application in English.
We are looking forward to your application!