RemoteLondon, England, United KingdomFinance
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communicatio
We are always looking for outstanding employees! We currently offer remote work in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK and Poland. Whether you want to work from home in one of these countries or in our office in Cologne: The choice is yours. No matter what you choose, our way of working is designed to make you an integral part of the team.
What will you be doing at DeepL in future?
We are growing very strongly and gaining a large number of customers every day. This is an exciting time! At the same time, our tasks, expenses and accounts are also growing and this is where you come in with your expertise: During this phase of strong growth, you will apply your extensive IFRS expertise and be the key player for the ongoing IFRS Accounting of DeepL Group. You will have the opportunity to work closely with the Head of Accounting and the various subsidiaries to ensure correct and consistent IFRS application over the Group. As part of this role you will also take care of new regulatory requirements and the assessment of new accounting topics.
- You are responsible for the monthly, quarterly and yearly preparation of IFRS consolidated financial statements in Workday (incl. notes for year-end reporting)
- You are the contact person for all IFRS related topics to finance team members, management and auditors
- In day-to-day business, you ensure compliance with and further development of group-wide IFRS standards and guidelines
- Furthermore you are the main contact person for our subsidiaries and our external advisors in all IFRS accounting issues
- You support in various special projects (e.g. implementation of new regulatory requirements, assessment of new accounting topics)
What we offer
- Make an impact! We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up. Over the last year we doubled in size with employees located across UK, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, and Japan
- We’ve got your back. We are an experienced, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but the human approach, trust, empathy, and inclusivity are just as important
- Flexible working arrangements: With offices in Cologne, Berlin, London and Amsterdam, you can decide where and how you work. We offer full remote working from UK/DE/NL/PL, no conditions, no "check" - DeepL is now and forever a remote-friendly company
- Regular innovative team-building events
- A successfully completed business degree in Finance or Accounting
- At least 3 years of professional experience in an IFRS department at a large audit or accounting firm or at an IFRS applier, strong knowledge of the IFRS standards is a prerequisite
- Strong analytical skills that enable you to think out of the box and come with good ideas to help solve complex accounting issues and identify optimization potentials
- Knowledge in the use of consolidation systems (preferably Workday)
- Strong ability to perform under high pressure to meet all relevant deadlines
- Fluent written and spoken English, other foreign languages are an advantage