Head of Product Marketing
Standort flexibelBerlin, Brandenburg, DeutschlandPR & Marketing
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products to help people communicate, utilizing the latest AI techniques. Our work culture is very open giving creating an environment to build and deliver innovative solutions to the world.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
As the Head of Product Marketing, you own and drive the positioning of our AI-driven translation technology to the world. You will develop and execute comprehensive product marketing strategies, positioning our offerings for buyers and sellers, and own the connection DeepL enables with the market across different use cases, lines of business, and geographies. Your expertise in building high performing teams, understanding technology, and passion for AI innovation will play a pivotal role in driving adoption, brand awareness, and customer loyalty.
We are constantly looking for outstanding employees! Currently we offer remote work in US, Germany, the Netherlands, and the UK. Whether you would like to work from home in one of these countries or from one of our offices in Amsterdam, London, Cologne or Berlin: the choice is yours. No matter where you choose to work from, our way of working is designed to make you an essential part of the team.
- Product Messaging & Positioning: Develop a deep understanding of our AI-powered translation platform, its unique features, and competitive advantages. Craft clear and compelling product messaging and positioning that differentiates our solutions in the global market.
- Go-to-Market Strategy: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product management, sales, and marketing, to create effective go-to-market strategies for new product launches and feature updates. Ensure seamless product releases and drive customer adoption.
- Buyer Personas & Market Segmentation: Conduct market research to identify key buyer personas, target industries, and market segments. Tailor marketing campaigns and messaging to address the specific needs and pain points of different customer groups.
- Sales Enablement: Provide sales teams with the necessary tools, training, and collateral to effectively communicate the value proposition of our AI translation solutions. Support sales efforts with compelling content, case studies, and competitive analysis.
- Content Development: Work closely with the content marketing team to create high-impact assets, including white papers, ebooks, blogs, videos, that educate prospects and position the company as a thought leader in the AI translation & communication.
- Marketing Campaigns & Demand Generation: Design and architect data-driven marketing campaigns that drives brand interest and product adoption. Leverage digital channels, events, and partnerships that increases brand awareness and customer engagement.
- Customer Insights & Feedback: Gather customer feedback and insights to continuously improve marketing campaigns and programs, identify innovative areas to own new product categories, and drive new growth. Utilise customer feedback loops to inform product and roadmap decisions.
- Competitive Analysis: Monitor and enable on the competitive landscape, industry trends, and emerging technologies in the translation and targeted AI markets. Develop communication programs that enable clear differentiation for sellers and prospective buyers.
- Leadership: Hire, retain, and develop a team of product marketers who are experts in their domain and understanding of the market
What we offer
- A friendly, international, and highly committed team with a lot of trust, with efficient decision-making processes
- Meaningful work: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Work at scale. Opportunity to grow the state-of-art technology with a strong product x market fit. Millions of people have used DeepL up to this date
- We cherish collaboration and efficiency but are human in our approach - empathy and inclusivity are critical
- Flexible Work Arrangements. With office hubs in US, Cologne, Berlin, London, and Amsterdam, you choose where and how you work.
- Ownership matters on all levels. We offer a virtual share program for all employees.
- Regular team events – internationally
- Proven experience building and leading product marketing teams, preferably in a technology or SaaS company
- Strong expertise in a product-led growth (PLG) and sales led environment that requires a blend of digital and sales-led buyer motions
- Experience with global delivery that includes distributed teams and expertise
- Familiar with AI driven technologies and the latest innovations within the market
- Demonstrated experience hiring and retaining top talent
- World class strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities, with a keen eye for data driven insights
- Strong collaboration and project management skills used to manage changing priorities and divergent initiatives
- Proactive and self-motivated, with a passion for continuous learning and staying up-to-date with industry trends and best practices.
If you are an ambitious product marketing professional with a proven track record driving growth in a B2B environment, we encourage you to apply. Join our team and play a pivotal role in shaping our marketing operations to deliver exceptional results in the dynamic world AI-powered translation and communication.
We are looking forward to your application!