Head of Marketing Operations
RemoteLondon, England, United KingdomPR & Marketing
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
As the Head of Marketing Operations, you will lead the development and reliability of our marketing engine to drive growth, enhance efficiency, and maximize ROI of our programs. You will work closely with the marketing, sales, technology operations, and executive leadership to develop and execute our marketing capabilities that align with our business objectives. Your expertise in large scale product-led growth (PLG), traditional inbound, and account-based marketing (ABM) programs and technologies will be critical in shaping our marketing operations results.
- Develop and implement the global marketing operations strategy, ensuring alignment with the company's goals and objectives
- Partner with Finance, Sales Strategy, and People & Culture for annual planning cycles, including budget management, headcount projections, regional growth strategies, new market launches, etc
- Develop strong relationships with our Demand Gen, Product Marketing, and Communications leaders to establish channel strategies that are aligned and effectively supported by Marketing Operations
- Partner with Business Technology to strengthen our customer data platform, enabling cross-product initiatives that are grounded in data and a strong understanding of our customer
- Lead and manage a high-performing marketing operations team fostering a culture of high impact and continuous improvement
- Integrate with cross-functional teams, including product, sales, and customer success, to integrate marketing operations with their processes, data, and systems
- Implement tools, programmes, and automation technologies to drive revenue, enhance marketing operations and support better processes
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and overall performance, through regular reporting and analysis
- Stay informed about innovative technologies, new processes, and industry trends to continuously improve marketing results
- Manage vendor relationships, contracts, and budgets related to marketing operations
What we offer
- A friendly, international and very committed team with a lot of trust and very short decision-making processes
- Flat hierarchies and a lot freedom to drive projects in a creative way
- Meaningful work at scale: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up! Over the last year we doubled in size, hiring new colleagues across UK, Germany, Poland, NL and Japan
- We’ve got your back! We are an experienced, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but trust, empathy, inclusivity and an overall ‘human-first’ approach are just as important to us
- Regular innovative team-building events - internationally!
- Benefits such as JobRad, fitness club membership, Lunchit (daily lunch allowance), travel health insurance for private and professional trips abroad and individual learning budgets
- Flexible Work Arrangements. With office hubs in London, Cologne, Berlin, Leipzig and Munich, you choose where and how you work
- A nice office in Cologne or Berlin with fresh fruits, snacks, drinks and good humor - the possibility to work remotely and a lot of flexibility
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Experience of operating at a management level with a record of accomplishment in identifying and influencing key decision makers
- Strong personal impact. Ability to present to and influence senior leaders, ability to challenge and communicate complex subjects in a simple way
- Experience of project delivery, with proven project management and execution skills, evidence of delivering on multiple projects at one time and being able to balance your workload and prioritise where necessary
- Customer centricity – track record of creating processes that put the customer first in marketing work
- Demonstrated experience in building, inspiring, and developing high-performing teams
- Excellent communication skills for both internal and external stakeholders, as well as technical and non-technical subjects
- Passionate about data - a proven track record of leveraging data to drive decision making
- Strong expertise in product-led growth (PLG) including advanced scoring and automation that drives measurable results
- In-depth knowledge of marketing automation platforms, CRM systems, and other marketing technologies (e.g., HubSpot, Salesforce, Marketo, etc.)
- Excellent strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities, with a keen eye for detail and a data-driven mindset; proficiency in data analysis beneficial
- Proactive and self-motivated, with a passion for continuous learning and staying up-to-date with industry trends and best practices
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment: creating plans which are highly flexible based on numerous internal and external dependencies
- Experience in a technology or SaaS company is preferable
Please ensure to apply in English. We are looking forward to hearing from you!