Head of Growth and Performance Marketing
London, England, United KingdomPR & Marketing
DeepL, Europe's leading AI company since 2017, is dedicated to breaking down language barriers and bringing cultures closer together. Our expertise in AI and neural networks has enabled us to create cutting-edge communication technologies for businesses, including the acclaimed DeepL Translator which offers 30+ languages, and DeepL Write, our AI writing companion. Our core offering includes a suite of products and tools made for businesses to communicate more effectively, both internally and with their customers around the globe.
Our goal is to become the global leader in Language AI and build products that help drive better communication, drive connection, and make real-life impact. To do that, we need talented people, like you, who want to be a part of this exciting journey. If you're ready to work with a dynamic team and build your career in the fast-moving AI space, DeepL is your destination.
What sets us apart
We are committed to innovation and to a nurturing work environment. Founded by developers and researchers, we spend a lot of time actively reviewing the latest trends in generative AI and software engineering. Known for pioneering AI technologies, we dive deep into cutting-edge research to create not only translations, but advanced language solutions. Combining our use of modern technology, comprehensive employee benefits with our open and welcoming work culture is what sets us apart.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, the reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because of the products that have helped countless people worldwide, or maybe it's because of our shared goal of improving communication for individuals and businesses worldwide. What we're certain of is this: being part of DeepL means joining a team committed to innovation and the well-being of its employees.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
The Head of Growth & Performance Marketing at DeepL is a seasoned professional with 10+ years of B2B performance marketing experience, particularly in the SaaS space. This role will report to the Head of Demand Gen and will be responsible for two critical components of DeepL’s growth - paid performance/acquisition channels and our lifecycle marketing motion. The ideal candidate will have deep expertise in paid channels, ideally in both B2B and B2C environments, as well as product led growth strategies.
- Align with Product, Sales and Marketing teams to formulate and profitably execute a comprehensive growth marketing strategy across the full customer lifecycle, from free users to enterprise customers.
- Lead, inspire and develop a team of lifecycle marketers to optimize business outcomes across each phase of the customer lifecycle, leveraging segmentation strategies, lead scoring, the in-product experience, and digital marketing channels, e.g. email, nurtures, etc.
- Build a team of performance marketers from across the business to drive demand generation across a set of paid channels, e.g. new user acquisition via PPC, retargeting, sponsored content, promotion of events, paid social, etc.
- Establish a culture of measurement and experimentation in partnership with product, data science and analytics teams to understand the impact of growth and performance strategies on CAC, product engagement, conversion rates, ARR, expansion, retention, etc.
- Ideally 12-15 years of experience in growth and/or performance marketing, preferably within B2B SaaS organizations, ideally including leading a team of 5+ marketers.
- Strong cross-functional, collaborative mindset, and proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic workplace.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to stay organized in high-pressure situations
- Possesses a practical and proactive attitude with a humble approach, demonstrating proficiency in accomplishing tasks efficiently.
- Exceptional analytical skills and the ability to collaborate across functions to develop strategy and influence decision making.
- Strong understanding of B2B buying cycle inducing links between self-service revenue models and assisted sales processes.
- Experience in a global SaaS scale-up with 1000+ employees is preferred.
What we offer
- Diverse and internationally distributed team: joining our team means becoming part of a large, global community with people of more than 90 nationalities. We're more than just colleagues; we're a group of professionals with a shared mission to connect diverse cultures. Our global presence is growing–we've doubled in size nearly every year, with our employees based in the UK, Germany, the Netherlands, Poland, the US, and Japan, and we continue to expand our network.
- Open communication, regular feedback: as a language-focused company, we value the importance of clear, honest communication. We value smooth collaboration, direct and actionable feedback, and believe that leading with empathy makes us better together.
- Hybrid work, flexible hours: whether you're near our hub in Tokyo, or prefer the comfort of your own home, you decide where your office is. We offer flexible working hours and trust in your productivity, all in sync with your team's general locations and time zones to foster effective and seamless collaboration. Our aim is to integrate your work with your lifestyle, ensuring a balance that respects both your needs and our operational requirements.
- Regular in-person team events: we bond over vibrant events that are as unique as our team, from local team and business unit gatherings, to new-joiner onboardings, to company-wide events that bring us all together–literally.
- Comprehensive health insurance: your health comes first. With our comprehensive insurance, we'll make sure you're covered from head to toe.
- 30 days of annual leave: we value your peace of mind. With 20 days off (excluding public holidays) and access to mental health resources, we make sure you're as strong mentally as you are professionally.
- Annual learning budget: because we never stop learning, we’ve set up an annual budget for your professional development—pick a learning path that contributes to your career development and we'll back you up.