GTM Strategy Director | Sales Operations
RemoteLondon, England, United KingdomSales
Europe's leading AI company since 2017, is dedicated to breaking down language barriers and bringing cultures closer together. Our expertise in AI and neural networks has enabled us to create cutting-edge communication technologies for businesses, including the acclaimed DeepL Translator which offers 30+ languages, and DeepL Write, our AI writing companion. Our core offering includes a suite of products and tools made for businesses to communicate more effectively, both internally and with their customers around the globe.
Our goal is to become the global leader in Language AI and build products that help drive better communication, drive connection, and make real-life impact. To do that, we need talented people, like you, who want to be a part of this exciting journey. If you're ready to work with a dynamic team and build your career in the fast-moving AI space, DeepL is your next destination.
What sets us apart
We are committed to innovation and to a nurturing work environment. Founded by developers and researchers, we spend a lot of time actively reviewing the latest trends in generative AI and software engineering. Known for pioneering AI technologies, we dive deep into cutting-edge research to create not only translations, but advanced language solutions. Combining our use of modern technology, comprehensive employee benefits with our open and welcoming work culture is what sets us apart.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, the reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because of the products that have helped countless people worldwide, or maybe it's because of our shared goal of improving communication for individuals and businesses worldwide. What we're certain of is this: being part of DeepL means joining a team committed to innovation and the well-being of its employees.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
In the Sales Operations team, we set our people and partners up for success in order to deliver great distribution experience across the customer lifecycle. The result is unlocking true growth potential and improving customer lifetime value. We do this by supporting the strategic, and operational activities across the customer lifecycle.
DeepL is seeking a GTM Strategy Lead, to promote sales growth and maximize revenue potential. You will run our annual planning cycle, drive prioritization of initiatives, and establish a data culture to provide clear insights on business opportunities. This people leader role reports to the Head of Sales Strategy & Operations, and partner closely with key Sales, Marketing, Product, and Finance stakeholders.
As the spear-head behind improvements in sales performance, you look at the big picture and prioritise initiatives that accelerate our growth, reduce our cost of sale, and establish a foundation for scale. You will work with the region’s functional heads to set sales goals and track progress to those goals, while providing a high level of visibility into drivers underlying the metrics.
- Provide strategic and operational support to the Go-to-Market leadership team
- Drive the annual Sales planning cycle, including organisational design, capacity and quota planning, market segmentation headcount allocation, territory carving, compensation and incentive design, and other tasks as needed
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Finance (headcount growth, seasonality, budget/OPEX spend, etc), People & Culture (job profiles, career development paths)
- Manage on the on-going management of account structures, territory management, opportunity splits in alignment with the rules of engagement
- Manage the Sales business review process, proactively leveraging data and insights to drive action and improvement in sales productivity and performance
- Implement early warning systems to help actively manage the growth of the business (i.e. qualified pipeline, funnel activity, sales
performance/execution, forecasting, etc.)
- Lead discussions around weekly and monthly KPIs including leading and lagging indicators for sales pipeline, sales activities, sales execution (win rates / sales cycle)
- Conduct data-driven analysis to understand growth drivers and provide recommendations to the broader commercial organisation about future opportunities
- Provide executives with clear insights into drivers of business growth; Assist in analysis and presentation of strategic materials for key management meetings;
- Engage cross-functional teams to drive global FY strategy and regional execution
- Identify key business drivers for business performance and resource efficiency;
- Build trusted relationships with key partners
Qualities we look for
- Extensive and strong experience in Project or Program Manager role, Management Consulting, or similar
- Ability to work in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment;
- You can think across multiple dimensions of a business and P&L, multiple regions, and work cross-functionally to deliver results
- A strategic thinker who operates effectively with management; you can flex between analytical, strategic and operational aspects of the job
- Can inspire and coach team members for career development; fostering a high-performance culture and driving personal and team success
- Able to lead a team and also own projects directly
- A knack for orchestrating and motivating cross-functional teams and holding them accountable to their commitments
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking abilities
- A friendly and collaborative work style that starts by listening, with tenacity around execution and achieving measurable outcomes
- Resourceful: willing to jump in, work with both opportunity and constraint, and leverage existing resources to accomplish goals, ability to work independently
- Team player: in collaborating with a diverse community of people and personalities across regions, backgrounds, and professional abilities.
What we offer
- Diverse and internationally distributed team: joining our team means becoming part of a large, global community with people of more than 90 nationalities. We're more than just colleagues; we're a group of professionals with a shared mission to connect diverse cultures. Our global presence is growing–we've doubled in size nearly every year, with our employees based in the UK, Germany, the Netherlands, Poland, the US, and Japan, and we continue to expand our network
- Open communication, regular feedback: as a language-focused company, we value the importance of clear, honest communication. We value smooth collaboration, direct and actionable feedback, and believe that leading with empathy makes us better together
- Remote work, flexible hours: whether you're near or in our hubs in cities like Cologne, Berlin, Amsterdam, London, or prefer the comfort of your own home, you decide where your office is. We offer remote opportunities, flexible working hours and trust in your productivity, all in sync with your team's general locations and time zones to foster effective and seamless collaboration. Our aim is to integrate your work with your lifestyle, ensuring a balance that respects both your needs and our operational requirements
- Regular in-person team events: we bond over vibrant events that are as unique as our team, from local team and business unit gatherings, to new-joiner onboardings, to company-wide events that bring us all together–literally
- Monthly full-day hacking sessions: every month, we have Hack Fridays, where you can spend your time diving into a project you're passionate about and get the opportunity to work with other teams–we value your initiatives, impact, and creativity
- 30 days of annual leave: we value your peace of mind. With 30 days off (excluding public holidays) and access to mental health resources, we make sure you're as strong mentally as you are professionally
- Annual learning budget: because we never stop learning, we’ve set up an annual budget for your professional development—pick a learning path which contributes to your career development and we'll back you up
If this role and our mission resonate with you, but you're hesitant because you don't check all the boxes, don't let that hold you back. At DeepL, it's all about the value you bring and the growth we can foster together. Go ahead, apply—let's discover your potential together. We can't wait to meet you!
Please make sure to send your application in English.