Frontend Platform Developer (f/m/d) - GER, UK, NL, PL
Standort flexibelDeutschland, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Köln oder PaderbornEngineering
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
We are constantly looking for outstanding employees! Currently we offer remote work in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK and Poland. Whether you would like to work from home in one of these countries or from one of our offices in Amsterdam, London, Cologne or Paderborn: the choice is yours. No matter where you choose to work from, our way of working is designed to make you an essential part of the team.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
Thanks to our unique neural networks, DeepL is able to deliver the world’s best translation quality. In order to keep it that way, we are constantly improving our apps and adding exciting new features - and this is where your experience in developing sophisticated software tooling comes in. In addition to the classic challenges of frontend development, we are particularly interested in your knowledge of software testing and tooling and the fun you have when things run smoothly. You will be part of a highly motivated team that values top quality and efficient code. Important design decisions are made by the whole team in open discussions.
- Help us to empower all frontend developers by defining and maintaining how we run and deploy code
- Ensure a reliable and efficient frontend CI/CD pipeline
- Work directly with our DevOps team to keep our build pipelines up to date
- Create and maintain components for our internal components library
- Provide a reliable frontend testing infrastructure
- Measure and work on cross-team metrics (bundle size, build time, CI/CD performance)
What we offer
- A product used by more than 100 million worldwide
- Interesting problems applying the latest research results in our development
- Code review, pair programming, and a focus on high quality
- An extremely good team with a lot of trust and short decision making processes; English speaking team
- A comfortable office in Amsterdam, London, Cologne or Paderborn (or suitable equipment for your home office) and a lot of flexibility
- Very good knowledge of git, gitlab and gitlab-ci or a comparable system
- Kubernetes knowledge is a plus
- Experience in writing integration and end-to-end tests
- A degree in computer science or comparable, alternatively several years of professional experience in software/web development
- You enjoy solving difficult problems and learning new things
- Fluent in English, knowledge of other languages is advantageous
We are looking forward to your application!