FP&A Analyst (f/m/d)
Standort flexibelDeutschland, Nordrhein-Westfalen, KölnBusiness Functions
DeepL is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication
What will you be doing at DeepL?
During this phase of explosive growth, you will be able to apply your expertise in financial planning and analysis. As a strongly growing company at the cutting edge of technology, we want to evolve our financial rigor and insights accordingly. We are passionate about data, automation, and scalable processes. In this role, you will have the opportunity to design and roll out a collaborative, rolling planning cycle and analysis framework in a way that you would have always wanted to see it implemented. You will work closely with the CFO, the FP&A Manager as well as the other members of the finance team and our wider business functions. You will gain insights into all business aspects of a fast-growing technology business.
- Participate and optimize core FP&A processes: annual and quarterly planning, monthly forecasting partnering with corporate functions
- Evaluate and help implement tools, systems and processes by mapping cross functional dependencies to deliver operational excellence
- Leverage data, analytics and business understanding to develop and monitor critical financial performance metrics, communicate key insights and support decision making of relevant stakeholders
- Be an expert partner to the wider company on KPIs, financial analysis and competitive benchmarking
- Help prepare monthly and quarterly management and board reporting - analyze financial results, distill key trends, assess business risk, and communicate key messages to senior leaders
What we offer
- Meaningful work at scale: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together, with a product already used by over 100 million people worldwide
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up! Over the last year we doubled in size, hiring new colleagues across UK, Germany, Poland, the Netherlands and Japan
- We’ve got your back! We are an experienced, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but trust, empathy, inclusivity and an overall ‘human-first’ approach are just as important to us
- Flexible Work Arrangements: with office hubs in Cologne, Berlin, London, and Amsterdam, you choose where and how you work. We offer fully remote work from UK/DE/NL/PL/JP, no strings attached, no 'to be reviewed'- DeepL is a remote-positive company now and forever
- MacBook Pro 16" with M1 Max and 64 GB RAM, a 4k display and any peripherals you want to support a smooth remote work experience
- Regular innovative team-building events- internationally!
- 2-5 years of FP&A experience, preferably in a high-growth SaaS environment supporting Senior Leadership; alternatively, you’ve started your career in a highly analytical function in investment banking, consulting or technology companies and now want to apply yourself in a high-growth ‘scale-up’.
- Strong proficiency in Excel, planning tools and other cloud-based technologies. While you are hands-on, you hate solving problems manually but want to do everything in an automated, scalable way.
- You have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to support collaboration across teams, you build strong relationships at all levels, and communicate the state of the business to key audiences in the organisation.
- Ability to work independently, think objectively, and interpret meaningful and insightful narratives from both quantitative as well as qualitative data.
- As our ideal candidate, you have exceptional skills in financial planning, financial analysis and data analytics and an innovative mindset to approach finance problems differently. Our innovation does not stay in Research and Development.
- Experience with SQL, R, Python and business intelligence tools would be a big plus!
- Fluent in English, German is a plus.
We are looking forward to your application!