Financial Systems Business Analyst
Remotecologne, Nordrhein-Westfalen, GermanyFinance
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication
What will you be doing at DeepL?
The Financial Systems Business Analyst plays a crucial role in connecting our Accounting and Technology departments, facilitating effective communication, and understanding between the two domains. This position involves translating financial requirements into technical specifications, ensuring smooth cooperation and harmony. Key responsibilities include maintaining the financial systems landscape, evaluating new applications, designing integration processes, and providing expert support to end users.
- Facilitate communication and understanding between the Accounting and Technology departments to ensure alignment and shared objectives.
- Evaluate new financial applications and software solutions to identify those that align with business needs.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to design and implement smooth integration processes between diverse financial systems.
- Provide top-tier support to end users, assisting with queries and resolving issues promptly.
- Implement robust controls and security measures to maintain data integrity and compliance.
- Identify opportunities to optimize financial systems and propose improvements for enhanced efficiency and accuracy.
- Organize and update financial systems documentation for clarity and accessibility.
What we offer
- Make an impact! We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up. Over the last year we doubled in size with employees located across UK, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, and Japan
- We’ve got your back. We are an experienced, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but the human approach, trust, empathy, and inclusivity are just as important
- Flexible work arrangements: with office hubs in Cologne, Berlin, London, and Amsterdam, you choose where and how you work. We offer fully remote work from UK/DE/NL/PL, no strings attached, no 'to be reviewed'- DeepL is a remote-positive company now and forever
- Regular innovative team-building events – internationally, as well as whole company events
- The opportunity to shape a product experience for an unlimited market with a diverse customer base (international customers, from start-ups to large corporations)
- Hack-Fridays – Every month we have a dedicated, interruption-free day on a company-wide scale to work on a project of your choice. Whatever it might be, if it means something to you, this is your day to do it
- Stay healthy – We offer a private health and travel insurance that comes with a bonus you can spend on vision, dental or any other needs
- With our people-centric approach, we value Life-Domain Balance and mental well-being! Therefore, we offer 30 days of holiday and provide a mental well-being app with access to psychologists, group sessions, and self-guided learning tools
- Annual education budget to advance your skills with courses & qualifications of your choice
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Information Technology, or related fields.
- Experience: Solid experience as a Business Analyst or in financial systems analysis and support is desirable.
- Proficiency in financial software and systems, familiarity with ERP systems, database management, and data integration tools (any experience in Workday Finance, Adaptive, Pigment, Navan, Bob is an advantage)
- Strong understanding of financial processes, accounting principles, and financial reporting.
- Ability to translate complex financial requirements into clear technical specifications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for effective interaction with various stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated skills in identifying issues and devising effective solutions.