Finance Operations Manager
RemoteKöln, Nordrhein-Westfalen, GermanyFinance
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the word's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What you'll be doing at DeepL in the Future
We are growing very strongly and gaining a large number of customers every day. This is an exciting time! At the same time, however, our tasks, expenses and accounts are also growing.
And this is where you come in with your expertise: Through your experience and motivation, you make your contribution to the expansion and transformation of our accounting. You are part of a growing team and start shortly after the implementation of our new ERP system. You have the opportunity to shape things from the ground up and thus also according to your ideal ideas. Through your farsightedness, you will ensure smoothly functioning processes in accounting in the long term, as they are ideally lived in technology-savvy companies.
- Together with your team, you are responsible for cross-functional projects where Finance is a stakeholder
- You will be responsible for executing operational finance tasks related to our international market expansion.
- You will be involved in the establishment of new overseas subsidiaries and take on the responsibilities of the finance team, including the selection, negotiation and contracting of new external service providers such as tax advisors and banks, as well as accounting systems and processes.
- You are continuously reviewing our existing systems and processes for enhancement and optimization opportunities. In doing this, you will collaborate closely with our internal teams, such as Accounting, Payment, Legal, People & Culture, Finance Systems and the Project Teams, as well as with external advisors, banks and authorities.
- As a team you are the first point of contact for general administrative tasks in the Finance department.
- The preparation/support of ad-hoc reports and analyses, as well as participation in monthly and annual closings are also part of your role.
What we offer
- Make an impact! We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up. Over the last year we doubled in size with employees located across UK, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, and Japan
- We’ve got your back. We are an experienced, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but the human approach, trust, empathy, and inclusivity are just as important
- Flexible working arrangements: With offices in Cologne, Berlin, London and Amsterdam, you can decide where and how you work. We offer full remote working from UK/DE/NL/PL, no conditions, no "check" - DeepL is now and forever a remote-friendly company
- Regular innovative team-building events
- A successfully completed business degree, e.g. in finance, controlling or a related field.
- Several years of relevant experience demonstrating operational management expertise in finance - additional experience is highly valued
- You have demonstrably good IT skills and are confident in the use of common Microsoft Office applications; experiences with ERP is a plus
- Strong analytical skills with a keen eye for detail and excellent problem- solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with stakeholders across different teams
- Proactive mindset, able to adapt quickly to changing priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Fluent in written and spoken English; German and other foreign languages an advantage