Berlin, Berlin, GermanyOffice & Assistance
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
As a Executive Assistant you are an essential support to both teams and leadership, ensuring our operational wheels turn smoothly and our collaborative culture thrives. Blending the responsibilities of Team and Executive Assistant, you’ll assist our Finance teams with administrative processes and provide executive assistant support to our Chief Financial Officer (CFO). You'll ensure the operational workflows of Finance and the CFO’s priorities are aligned, facilitating a cohesive strategy and assisting in driving DeepL's success.
In this role you will execute a variety of deliverables working on both a tactical and strategic level:
- Skillfully manage the CFO's calendar and manage expenses
- Schedule and coordinate logistics, agendas and content for meetings with both internal and external stakeholders, such as dealing with investors and board members
- Organise regional offsites and team building events
- Facilitate travel arrangements, ensuring a seamless experience for both teams and leadership.
- Manage the organization of internal documentation, contracts and signatures
- Oversee the flow of communications to regional teams including the preparing presentations and coordinating departmental All Hands meetings
- Work closely with cross-functional leadership teams on initiatives to build team engagement and recognition. Act as a cultural ambassador within the business, building strong relationships and providing feedback to the CFO
- Actively participate in the creation and streamlining of internal process documentation
- Act as a go-to-person for admin related questions within the Finance org, by connecting departments and creating solutions, you take the administrative workload off of colleagues
- Together with our People team, provide operational support on employee learning development initiatives
What we offer
- Meaningful work at scale: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up! Over the last year we doubled in size, hiring new colleagues across UK, Germany, Poland, NL and Japan
- We’ve got your back! We are an experienced, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but trust, empathy, inclusivity and an overall ‘human-first’ approach are just as important to us
- Regular innovative team-building events - internationally!
- A nice office in Berlin, with the possibility to work remotely and a lot of flexibility
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Proven experience in executive assistant roles, demonstrating a balance between team assistance and executive support. Experience in a tech or SaaS company is desirable
- Outstanding planning and organisational skills, working with agendas, event coordination, and travel arrangements in an international environment
- Openness to work across time zones and travel internationally
- Proactive multi-tasking mindset with problem-solving skills and ability to prioritise tasks effectively
- An open-minded personality with detail-oriented and hands-on attitude willing to work in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for team engagement, culture-building, and people development
- Demonstrated integrity, discretion, and professionalism in handling confidential information
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Previous work experience with Slack, Confluence, Zoom and Jira
- Availability to work from our office in Berlin at times
- Strong communication skills both spoken and written. Fluent in German and English.
We are looking forward to your application!