Deal Desk Manager
RemoteLondon, England, United KingdomFinance
Europe's leading AI company since 2017, is dedicated to breaking down language barriers and bringing cultures closer together. Our expertise in AI and neural networks has enabled us to create cutting-edge communication technologies for businesses, including the acclaimed DeepL Translator which offers 30+ languages, and DeepL Write, our AI writing companion. Our core offering includes a suite of products and tools made for businesses to communicate more effectively, both internally and with their customers around the globe.
Our goal is to become the global leader in Language AI and build products that help drive better communication, drive connection, and make real-life impact. To do that, we need talented people, like you, who want to be a part of this exciting journey. If you're ready to work with a dynamic team and build your career in the fast-moving AI space, DeepL is your next destination.
What sets us apart
We are committed to innovation and to a nurturing work environment. Founded by developers and researchers, we spend a lot of time actively reviewing the latest trends in generative AI and software engineering. Known for pioneering AI technologies, we dive deep into cutting-edge research to create not only translations, but advanced language solutions. Combining our use of modern technology, comprehensive employee benefits with our open and welcoming work culture is what sets us apart.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, the reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because of the products that have helped countless people worldwide, or maybe it's because of our shared goal of improving communication for individuals and businesses worldwide. What we're certain of is this: being part of DeepL means joining a team committed to innovation and the well-being of its employees.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
- Build, develop and lead the Deal Desk function, processes and governance as a partner with Finance, Sales and other stakeholders.
- Advise on deal structure & quoting, alternative contract options, and/or value propositioning to help drive deal closures with the sales team.
- Owns quote management and pricing approvals in conjunction with Sales and Finance teams, ensuring compliance with commercial approval policies.
- Assists to interpret contractual language and escalate to ensure deals comply with revenue recognition and operational policies.
- Standardize best practices and processes around contractual agreement and document retention within the Sales and Finance department
- Review agreed contracts and approved subscriptions in the subscription management tool to ensure exact alignment
- Delivers relevant training to new and existing Sales reps on Deal Desk, Order Booking, and overall Quote-to-Cash best practices.
Qualities we look for
- Significant sales or finance experience in a fast-paced SaaS product organisation
- Previous hands-on experience with sales teams and/or finance teams
- Technical knowledge of accounting frameworks and policies and their impact on our financial statements/company viability
- Ability to rapidly learn, understand, and work with emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions
- Building strong working relationships is second nature to you, and your exceptional interpersonal skills enable you to engage and build relationships with high profile start-ups and businesses in the most senior ranks
- You can synthesise and craft positioning/key messages that connect with the different internal audiences
- Problem-solving skills, including the ability to meet a business requirement with a scaling solution
- You have a base of knowledge of contractual terms and are comfortable working on RFIs/RFPs
- Willing to work in a fast-paced environment and have a can-do and proactive attitude
- Excited about joining a scale-up where not everything is figured out, we move fast and are actively building the systems on the go, and shifting priorities and adapt to the ever changing environment.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience to work in SaaS start-up or larger software company with Enterprise sales between customers and finance team
- Knowledge and experience of Salesforce, Chargebee, or Workday platforms
- Additional European languages
- Knowledge of translation software and technology industry
What we offer
- Diverse and internationally distributed team: joining our team means becoming part of a large, global community with people of more than 90 nationalities. We're more than just colleagues; we're a group of professionals with a shared mission to connect diverse cultures. Our global presence is growing–we've doubled in size nearly every year, with our employees based in the UK, Germany, the Netherlands, Poland, the US, and Japan, and we continue to expand our network
- Open communication, regular feedback: as a language-focused company, we value the importance of clear, honest communication. We value smooth collaboration, direct and actionable feedback, and believe that leading with empathy makes us better together
- Remote work, flexible hours: whether you're near or in our hubs in cities like Cologne, Berlin, Amsterdam, London, or prefer the comfort of your own home, you decide where your office is. We offer remote opportunities, flexible working hours and trust in your productivity, all in sync with your team's general locations and time zones to foster effective and seamless collaboration. Our aim is to integrate your work with your lifestyle, ensuring a balance that respects both your needs and our operational requirements
- Regular in-person team events: we bond over vibrant events that are as unique as our team, from local team and business unit gatherings, to new-joiner onboardings, to company-wide events that bring us all together–literally
- Monthly full-day hacking sessions: every month, we have Hack Fridays, where you can spend your time diving into a project you're passionate about and get the opportunity to work with other teams–we value your initiatives, impact, and creativity
- 30 days of annual leave: we value your peace of mind. With 30 days off (excluding public holidays) and access to mental health resources, we make sure you're as strong mentally as you are professionally
- Annual learning budget: because we never stop learning, we’ve set up an annual budget for your professional development—pick a learning path which contributes to your career development and we'll back you up
If this role and our mission resonate with you, but you're hesitant because you don't check all the boxes, don't let that hold you back. At DeepL, it's all about the value you bring and the growth we can foster together. Go ahead, apply—let's discover your potential together. We can't wait to meet you!
Please make sure to send your application in English.