Database Reliability Engineer | Data Platform
Standort flexibelKöln, Nordrhein-Westfalen, DeutschlandEngineering
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
We are constantly looking for outstanding employees! Currently we offer remote work in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK and Poland. Whether you would like to work from home in one of these countries or from one of our offices in Cologne or Paderborn: the choice is yours. No matter where you choose to work from, our way of working is designed to make you an essential part of the team.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
- Secure the reliable operation of our on-premise ClickHouse cluster - our data warehouse
- Help out with running and maintaining our production PostgreSQL and Cassandra deployments
- Evaluate and decide which data store is the best fit for the job
- Develop and automate the system, carry out deployments and solve incidents
- Keep track of growing hardware requirements and ensure the infrastructure keeps up
- Assist our engineers and data scientists optimising their scheduled data loads
- Monitoring in Prometheus and Grafana - you build and set up solutions that make sure our systems are operating smoothly
- After sufficient training, be part of our on-call rotation (paid extra)
What we offer
- Meaningful work: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Data at scale from products used by more than 1 billion people worldwide
- Our own data platform - hosted on our own infrastructure across europe
- Interesting challenges: design and programming at the highest level
- We are a distributed work force enabling our employees to work from the comfort of your home office in Germany, Poland, Netherlands or the UK or in one of our comfortable offices
- State of the art equipment for your workplace
- A friendly, international, and highly committed team with a lot of trust and short decision making processes
- You feel at $ /home > _ when you see a Linux shell
- Experience with ClickHouse or any other distributed database
- Experience with PostgreSQL or any other relational database
- You have solid knowledge about the components of a server, and you are able to identify issues with them
- You have experience with config management (Puppet or Ansible)
- You are curious and aren't afraid to interact with low-level systems
- You are fluent in English
Please make sure to send your application in English, we are looking forward to it!