Customer Support Team Lead | Japan
Standort flexibelMinato, Tokyo, JapanCustomer Team
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
DeepL is tech for good, dismantling language barriers around the world and constantly expanding to new markets. Be part of our growth right at the centre of the DeepL customer experience by joining as Customer Support Team Lead in Japan. This exciting opportunity comes as our customer support team is growing fast to meet the needs of our customers. As we scale our business, we need help in leading our Support Team. We are looking for a real ‘people person’, to help lead a happy team of Specialists and enable them to be successful here at DeepL. We are looking for someone who embraces change and is able to navigate through ambiguity. If this sounds like you, continue reading!
- Coach and lead a group of Support Specialists
- Support your team in their day-to-day work, unblocking any challenges they may have
- Assist with the hiring/interviewing of new team members
- Help your team members improve their productivity & efficiency
- Support to build and maintain a great culture within the team
- Assist with training & onboarding of new starts
- Help your team members with their skills & career development
- Hold regular 1:1s with your team members
- Support in the running of weekly team meetings
- Utilise our data dashboards to anticipate customer and team trends
- Work to identify opportunities to improve team performance & efficiencies
- Collaborate on projects to support the delivery of department OKRs
- Partner up cross functionally to help with the delivery of projects & process improvements.
What we offer
- Make an impact! We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up. Over the last year we doubled in size with employees located across UK, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, and Japan
- The opportunity to shape a product experience for an unlimited market with a diverse customer base (international customers, from start-ups to large corporations)
- We’ve got your back. We are an experienced, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but the human approach, trust, empathy, and inclusivity are just as important
- Flexible work arrangements: with office hubs in Tokyo, you choose where and how you work. We offer fully remote work from Japan, no strings attached, no 'to be reviewed'- DeepL is a remote-positive company now and forever
- Regular innovative team-building events – internationally!
- Helping others comes naturally to you, and you are passionate about the customer experience
- You have a passion for customer support and bring 2+ years of experience working in a support team
- Preferably, you have experience in leading a support team
- You thrive in ambiguity
- Solving problems and learning new things is what you enjoy
- You are empathetic and understanding of others’ needs and actively show an interest in coaching & leadership
- Ability to look at data to understand and interpret issues ahead of time
- You have strong communication skills (written, verbal), and Partner Management experience
- Your pro-active nature and willingness to try new things helps you to master ambiguous situations
Please make sure to send your application in English.
We are looking forward to your application!